Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? about Shenango lake

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question ? about Shenango lake

Are any of the boat launch bays open yet. Hope to put the boat in next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

hey chaunc; i took a ride around the lake yesterday (sunday) and the launches were all iced in. heck there were 4 guys fishing on the ice at the celery farm. the ice looked cloudy and punky to me. i'm hoping for ice out by this week end. you could wet a line at causeway by terra it's open by the handicapped area. take care, gary

Post Thanks / Like

I went by Lake Arthur today (I-79) and it still had ice on it, but it looked like it was pretty thin. Probably won't be long until it's open water there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gary. I might stop up after work one day this week and drown some minnows. If / when i do i'll post results.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default open water

chaunc, only open water is around the bridges. Even at 846, don't know about Parkers Landing old train bridge, it might be open too, but not the launch. We need some 50's to 60 degree weather to make short work of the ice. Don't know if you can access that lane yet or not. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Tried at the Tara area for an hour or so. NOTHING. Even tried under the bridge. Think i'll wait till the ramps are open. That could be as soon as sunday. I hope so anyway. Hey Gary, i'll be looking for that lund. Keith and Kermit, our hole isn't anywhere near open yet. Hurry up spring!

Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc, your best bet right now for launching a boat would probably be at golden run. The shore ice extends out about 30 yards from shore but its thin. Other than that golden run is open. Celery farm is ice covered but it is thin also, so is hartford access. Didn't have time to look at parkers landing so I'm not sure whats going on down there. Needs to get warm!!

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

gonna take a ride up to parkers thursday. i'll walk down the track bed to the tressell and take a good long look around that whole area. Might even take a pole and some jigs with me.... if you go out there today, let us know how it is. pm me if you dont want to post here. Smitty

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If the lake does open up by the weekend could someone post here? I would like to take the boat out this weekend. Maybe get to meet you face to face Chaunc? any way if you do find out it would be appreciated.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

The ramp at the rec/ camping area is still iced up. I'm going up and fishing the riprap from shore there this morning. Not sure if i can cast to the brushpiles out there but i'm going to enjoy the sunshine anyway. Going to park at the lower ranger station and walk the road. If anybody is in the area stop by and introduce yourself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast