Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 6 days and i'm on the road

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6 days and i'm on the road

Can't wait - 6days and I'm on the road to KY lake. This is going to be a long week at work to say the least. Any of you folks catching any down that way yet? Would be nice to catch a boat load but just looking forward to relaxing away from home. No tv, no telephone, no cell phone, no computer, no questions. Just peace and quiet. Oh did I mention plenty of beer. :D :D :D
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scrap:

What part of the lake you going to visit? I will be going down there in April when it's a bit warmer.

But the way things are looking it may get warm sooner than I thought. Today it was in the upper 50's here an may have hit 60 deg. I worked outside trimming my barberry bushs, my holley bushes and generally cleaned up the yard. Worked in the garden and am getting it ready to plant soon. It was a beaustiful day here at 38.00.00 deg latitude. No rain, clear skies and light winds out of the North. If the winds had been out of the South it would have been warmer.

I fished the Upper end off KY lake once in Johnathon Creek, I have fished Cyrpess Bay many times and I have now fished in the big sandy area a couple of times. Sulfur creek to be exact. Sulfur creek can be good if the winds are out of the south or if it's calm then the main lake is good to fish the drops.

Fish should be in prespawn now and slowing working their way to the spawning beds.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrap
    Can't wait - 6days and I'm on the road to KY lake. This is going to be a long week at work to say the least. Any of you folks catching any down that way yet? Would be nice to catch a boat load but just looking forward to relaxing away from home. No tv, no telephone, no cell phone, no computer, no questions. Just peace and quiet. Oh did I mention plenty of beer. :D :D :D
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Going to Big Sandy area - around Paris Landing

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday fishing

Hey Scrap, we spent our day at Big Sandy today. We put in early this morning - it was 31 degrees and I couldn't feel my fingers til about noon. Water temp made it up to 52 this afternoon. We caught 25 with 13 keepers. Most of the keepers were in the 11 -13 inch range. Best color today was black and chartreuse. Fished from 12 - 18 ft deep. It was slow this morning but really picked up later in the afternoon. Hope you have a great trip! and catch monster slabs!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - Mrs. Crappie Stalker - Gives me hope. Maybe it will warm up a little this next week and we can catch some. Good luck to you.

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap