Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up nuff said!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

took my 2 oldest grand sons fishing yesterd afternoon . they wernt bitting but we fished a while . let the 15 year old run the boat . he hung one and got a bite so isent wasent a compleat loss . didnt have much time to fish but beat sitting around the house . papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papasage
    took my 2 oldest grand sons fishing yesterd afternoon . they wernt bitting but we fished a while . let the 15 year old run the boat . he hung one and got a bite so isent wasent a compleat loss . didnt have much time to fish but beat sitting around the house . papasage
    I AGREE 100%....there is too much TV, video games, etc....nowadays.....my son with hopefully grow up to LOVE THE OUTDOORS WITH ME!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Did the same Sunday. Spent 3 hours at the pond with 6 year old. Every time it is priceless.:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Teach A kid To Fish

Scrap, nice picture, I hope you framed one. Great memories. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

took my 3 yr old fishin Sunday at the pond. He loves catching gills at the dock also let him shot the 22 rifle. Hopefully he will grow up to respet the outdoors and guns. I don't want him to be one of the one that ends up curious about guns and killin himself or someone else. Going to take him ever time I can. Fishin, huntin, or even to the local hardware store just so he is with me.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

I took my 2 year old daughter brim fishing last year. I got her a little rod and reel. I was surprised, she realed two in her self. Of course she has to pet them and we throw them back. I took her one time this year for about 1-2 hours. We only caught two, but it is so fun to see her face when the fish comes out of the water. She will be 3 in April and I plan on taking her more as the weather get better. She wants to go turkey hunting for her birthday, so I am going to buy a blind and go to a buddies house. He feeds them in his front yard. Just call them up and she her reaction. No gun, just for fun. Hours spent with the kids are priceless in my opinion!
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

When each of my kids got to be about 2 years old I gave em a spinning reel. No rod or line, just the reel. I taught them how to hold it and crank the handle. At that age they love to watch the bail spin and they get used to handling the reel. when they get alittle bigger I fix em up with a spinning rod and take em down to the bank when the bluegills are spawning. they catch em left and right and have a great time. I always ask if they want to let em go or eat em for dinner. They always vote for dinner. When they get to be about 6 or 7 I take a 6' length of cotton rope and teach em how to tie a giant Berkley Knot on the ground. It only takes a short time before they can do it with fishing line.

I used to have a full body styrofoam deer archery target in the backyard. My daughter was about 3 and she would pretend to feed it. I was hoping she wouldn't adopt the "Bambi's Mom" attitude when one day she asked me what the deer's name was. I thought for a minute and replied "Venison".
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com