Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ranger boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ranger boats

The wife and I were at Wappapello yesterday and The Boat Shop here in Poplar Bluff was having Ranger Boat Day here at the lake.

Lot's of people, free food! and Forrest Woods was there signing auto's and just talking with people. Seemed like a regular guy. ha

But...although I'm not a bass charging fisherman the boats they had out there were just incredable. Who the heck would want to get these things dirty?

One of the rigs was almost $50,000!!! The interior was better looking than most cars. Had everything. Hard to believe that people will spend this much coin on a freshwater fishing boat.

In any case they were giving free rides on these things. Considering the lake is at winter pool and you can walk across some of it, the way they were motoring I thought it took some nerve. Those things fly.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted to get down there for that but i had to go out of town.

I was down at the the boat shop a few weeks ago and they had a 22'er that had a 300hp yamaha on it. Said it sold for over $50,000 and they only had it on the lot a few weeks and was gone.

It was a really nice boat though.

I agree if I could afford a new rig I would have one I'll probably get a 519 or 520 rigged with a HO E-TEC on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hard time fathoming spending 50 big ones on a boat. I spent a few more than half of the cost of that boat and it was tough for me to swallow that down. As they say a expensive boat doesnt make you catch more fish, just gets you to the spot quicker.

Rain, I am with ya on motors, mine has a black one. I sure wish it was a nice blue one. I ran a rude 115 for 3 years only saw the inside of my garage. The black one has seen the inside of a shop once in 8 months and almost left me stranded on the lake. It knew to die going by the ramp to another spot.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I agree those prices are insane but people spend it. I'll be happy just to pick up there used and pro-staff boats at a half of new.

I got a Ranger prize boat from the 96 bass master classic on LOZ that only had 100 hours on it.

I love it and would have a hard time to get a new one unless I got a real good deal on one.

Also I will stick with these rude motors. My 150 is awsome and its been running like a top ever since new.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree those prices are insane but people spend it. I'll be happy just to pick up there used and pro-staff boats at a half of new.

I got a Ranger prize boat from the 96 bass master classic on LOZ that only had 100 hours on it.

I love it and would have a hard time to get a new one unless I got a real good deal on one.

Also I will stick with these rude motors. My 150 is awsome and its been running like a top ever since new.

I would like the gas MPG and performance the the E-TEC but my carb'd motor will keep me fishing for many years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the newer motors have better performance and mpg. This opti seems to get pretty good milage compared to the 115 rude. You better keep the carb motor going, since you will never be able to buy new ones ever again. Merc is only making the new verado's and opti after this year. They are phasing out the EFI and XR6 (carb) motors. I heard the E-tec have a good carb rating compared to the 4 strokes.

If you figure what some people spend in a boat and then a truck to pull it. Close to 80 to 90 thousand if not more, going down the road.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default once

yup 50 g's is alot of money but if a person can afford it, what a better investment than a boat..............well hold that thought........a person only lives once might as well go fishing.