Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The crappie were biting - halleluia!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking The crappie were biting - halleluia!

I'm sure we're not the only ones who were happy to see June pass into the history books. What a lousy month for fishing - if you could get out at all.
    The holiday weekend was supposed to be stormy, but ended up being fairly calm, so we got in a good day's fishing yesterday. Although most of the crappie we found were small, we boated nearly three dozen and carried home a few big ones for the table.
    My day started with a personal best of catching a 15 1/4" bass on a lake that has a 15 inch minimum, which tells you how few good sized ones there are. He got his photo taken before release and put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.
    Sure hope this violent weather ceases so everyone can get out and enjoy the rest of the summer. Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    I'm sure we're not the only ones who were happy to see June pass into the history books. What a lousy month for fishing - if you could get out at all.
    The holiday weekend was supposed to be stormy, but ended up being fairly calm, so we got in a good day's fishing yesterday. Although most of the crappie we found were small, we boated nearly three dozen and carried home a few big ones for the table.
    My day started with a personal best of catching a 15 1/4" bass on a lake that has a 15 inch minimum, which tells you how few good sized ones there are. He got his photo taken before release and put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.
    Sure hope this violent weather ceases so everyone can get out and enjoy the rest of the summer. Roberta

But what about Doug???? I'm still waiting for a picture of him with a "BIG" fish so I can put it next to yours on my bulletin board.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who? Oh! the boat driver!

He concentrates on panfish while I keep a rod rigged for larger stuff. He's been catching some decent sized crappie for that lake and almost always catches more than I do.
    We closed out the day with each of us catching a 12" crappie on our last casts. Usually when we say "this is my last cast" all we get is an empty hook. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern