Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ham and Cheese Pie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ham and Cheese Pie

Not to be confused with a quiche! Just made this for supper tonight. I never measure the ingredients when I make this, but here's the basics:

You can use a pre-made deep dish pie crust in the aluminum pan, or the ready made rolled up pie crust in your own dish (I use a shallow casserole dish) or you can be really good and make your own crust. I never have time for that, though.

Filling:

1 ham steak, cubed (or use any ham you have on hand)

about 1/2 bag of Ore Ida potatoes O'Brien (I use these cause they already have onion and peppers chopped in them, but if you don't like the o & p, you can use plain hashbrowns.

1/2 bag of shredded cheddar cheese

salt and pepper to taste
    Tony Chachere's too, if you have it.

Mix filling ingredients and put in pie crust. Whisk 5 eggs with about 1/4 cup millk (give or take) and pour over filling.

Bake at 350 degrees. Check it at 40 - 45 minutes, if it's loose/soupy, check every 5 minutes or so till done.

I like this because you can tweak it to your own tastes and it's good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dang that sounds good Vonna, I think I'll have to try that very soon!!!!
    I was makin my way to the OT Forum with an all points bulletin searching for anyone who is familiar with oxtail soup. Thought I'd lay that on ya while I was visiting yur post!!!

Then again, right here in the cooking forum may be a better choice. I'll say you can use crappie instead of ham to make it legal.
    Last edited by horseshoer; 01-21-2008 at 11:47 PM.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Going to try this soon!
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

hey V, I bet you could sub the ham with cubed crappie, little crushed bacon and a few bits of brocolli too. Thanks great idea.