Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ugley stik

Post Thanks / Like

Default ugley stik

Cabela's spring catalog 2005 has the ugley stik,lgth. 7'6'' to 9' Crappie poles,I am going to order me 2 of them to try. My grandson has a ugley stik on a casting rod and it is like a Timex it has took a licken and is still a ticken. B & M and some of the other poles are fun poles to fish with BUT THE QUALITY IS NOT THAIR, I think B & M should be invited to read some of the COMPLAINT'S ON Crappie . Com. Whare did MADE IN THE U.S.A. go.
    Has someone tried an Ugly Stick!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

i have 10 of the 9 ft. ugly stick crappie rods i got at cabellas last spring. I would not trade one of the ugly sticks for a dozen 10 to 12 ft graphite rods i have in storage, half with broken tips. these rods have been rode hard and put up wet and still kicking strong. you dont have to worry about broken tips nor babying the rods to keep em from gettin scored and then breaking.. If they ever start making this rod in 12 ft lengths, i got a feeling a lot of rod companys gonna be laying of employees
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Last nite I was fishin with Rango and Hawkman. Rango had his Ugly Stix out and Hawkman had a Sam Heaton. I didn't see that the Sam Heaton was any more sensitive than the Ugly Stix and I can vouch for the durability of the Ugly Stix.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ill vouch for uglystiks ive caught everythin from 25lb salmon to 3lb bass on my uglystick trout rod thats an medium light action im suprised that it didnt snap with the abuse ive given it.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

My brother has a 7.5 foot ugly stick seems to be a great rod, but I like my Richard Williams better. He said he would a Richard Williams before he bought another Ugly Stick.
    Just my 2 cents!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default i've seen em in action myself

those ugly sticks get a rough ride in the rod box on the beast and on the deck and they keep going and going. even rango with his bad eyes can see a crappie fart on a minnow at 20 feet with 'em. i wouldn't want to have a rod that I had to treat like my firstborn child to keep from breaking. life is too short to baby a rod to keep it from cracking. :D

i would dare say not many on this board are independently wealthy, so i would have to go with what gives you the most bang for your buck. you need something that will last and last.

my $0.02 :p
    Last edited by tool; 03-20-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

ugly sticks are the only poles i will use for crappie and bream.....i love them my favorite one is my dads that he gave to my its 20 years old and works as good as the new ones i buy.......I LOVE UGLY STICK!!! :D
    :D CRACKER :D

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my wife both have med/heavy ugly sticks for bass fishing. Walmart got sick of me returning rods and told me to buy it, the lady is always bitchy but I dont really care but since I bought 2 ugly rods I have not made any more returns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Last nite I was fishin with Rango and Hawkman. Rango had his Ugly Stix out and Hawkman had a Sam Heaton. I didn't see that the Sam Heaton was any more sensitive than the Ugly Stix and I can vouch for the durability of the Ugly Stix.
    if i was gonna spend my life jiggin instead of night stalking, id go for the increased sensitivity of a graphite over a ugly stick. but for nightstalking, the bite is mostly visual and not by feel. with the extremely soft tips the ugly stick ultralite and the crappie rods offer id opt for them over a graphite, if for no other reason than their durability.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default going to try them

Need a couple new rods for my trip to KY lake. Going to buy a couple and give them a try. Will post how they worked when I get back.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast