Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So dannged HOT!

Post Thanks / Like

Default So dannged HOT!

OK....now the rains are gonna slack off....but yesterday the heat "index" was 105 degrees.....

Like that country song says....too hot to fish.....even at nitetime.

Gotta love the south.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink You Gotta Adapt!

I know what you mean Groundhog, It is going to be a heat index of 108 deg.s here today. I have almost 500 wax worm grubs in the cooler holding at about 40 degrees. I have got to use those suckers, if it means going at daylight. Stay cool and good fishing ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

i know what you two mean. For the last couple of weeks, the mornings started off nice and then right before lunch you could cut the humidity with a knife. Soon after, the pretty white clouds turned black, the winds get up and the rains come. Hopefully it will end soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it will end right into the real dog days of August!

Hot Hazy, and no wind at all! Yeech!

Gonna try some flats fishing........

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Question For Blindhog !

Hello Blindhog, May i ask you a question ? I have a friend that I fish with Geo W. He and I were fishing one day, The fish were not biteing much, but he caught one and I said [ Hey man you got one ] He said [ even a blind hog can find an acorn once and a while ] Just curious did you get you screen name from that phrase ? I hope you didn't mind me asking. Going to go to Ft. Stewart early in the morning, About daylight before it gets too hot. And try one or two of the ponds there. Good luck on your next trip. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I thought of it when I first got into talk forums on the net. It was a duck hunting forum, and I was thinking of it as a funny name for a duck hunter, "in the blind".
    I use it for a lot of the forums I visit.
    On one fishing forum it was taken and I use "Redbelly".

Gonna be looking into some nite action gigging flounder and netting crabs.

Also, where does a man get those submersible lights for crappie fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing Lights

Blindhog, Do you have a Bass pro shop in your area ? You can get them at bass pro. I don't remember seeing them at Wall mart but they may have them. You can also order them from Cabela's My friend Geo w. just bought two from Bass Pro. Went to Ft. Stewart this morning early about daylight. Do I have a fish story to tell ! Just returned home and will rest a while and will share it with everyone. We have a large Bass Pro shop here in Savannah, If I can help you let me know. Good Luck Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard at the bait shop reports of specs biting good at two lakes just across the Fla line. Both are about 30 min from me. All were fishing early am, about 9:30...bite off.

Thinking of going in the eve tomorrow or soon.

97 degrees today, scared me off this eve, as I have worked in the heat all week.

Everyone is using curly tails, chartrues w/metallic, pink heads.
    Thay said nice slabs too.

These two lakes are also known for "titty" bream. They are so big you have to hold them against yore "titty" to unhook them! Big black looking creatures.
    This time of year folks fly fish at nite for them with glow in the dark plugs. Getting my fly rod fixed up too this week.

The names of the lakes are ...Miccosukkee and Iamonia.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing !

Blindhog, You make me wish I was there to go with you ! Man that sounds like some good fishing. Thanks for the details on the jigs and colors. Man I would love to catch a few of those large bream, Boy do they put up a fight. I wish you lots of luck when you go.Sure would be nice to catch a few slabs to cook up with grits and hush puppys. Good Fishing ! Jimmy S.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

to hot is right . wating till the weather cools down a little . it is 77degrees this morning at 4:00am. afterworking all weak it is rough to do anything on the weakin .
    the river is up and muddy this weak . it is dropping now . probabley be to low to put a boat in by the weakin.
    will post a report when i go .dont know when that will be as it is to hot
    papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast