Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weedless Jig Heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weedless Jig Heads

How many of you use weedless jig heads?Iwas thinking about buying a weedless jig mold(do I need another mold).
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

I almost always use weedless heads unless they are just not bitin very well, then I use plain heads. Have been pouring my own 1/32 to 1/8 oz using a couple of Do It molds I modified to accept the weed guards.

GrouseFly on here sells the weedless jigs too.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Baxter1 ....

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter1
    How many of you use weedless jig heads?Iwas thinking about buying a weedless jig mold(do I need another mold).
    I've been using almost nothing but weedless jigheads, for about the last .... hmmmm oh 15yrs, maybe :p
    Used to use only the Sure-lock jighead, by Oldham's ... then found out that Grousefly (P&S CustomTackle) could make 'em better, cheaper, with my choice of hook sizes & weight, and I haven't looked back since :D
    Oldham's no longer makes Crappie jigheads, as of last year, but I wouldn't have gone back to them ... even if they were still made. Don't get me wrong, they were a good weedless jighead ... they just cost $0.44 ea - the wire loop weedguard was easily bent (and was useless afterwards) - and they only came in 1/16oz. They were fine, as long as they stayed intact.
    But, once I got Grousefly to put together the V-wing weedless jighead (plastic Y guard style) ... I had little use for the Oldham's. Grousefly sells his weedless jigheads at $20/100 (to Crappie.com members) ... or $0.25/each (if buying less than 100).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for almost 100% of the time we use weedless.Mainly because we primarily are fishing burshpiles or dipping flooded shore line cover.For open water we mainly use crappie rigs for spider rigging or pull cranks in the open water.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey crappiepappy is the y-guard better than the brush style? What size and kind of hooks does grousefly's 1/16 and 1/32 have in them? Where can you order them at? Thanks
    Last edited by crappie bug; 01-22-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default molds

I just heard about a week ago that although not listed through do-it that they will still sell production ballhead Y guard molds.
    #1232 1/32
    #1233 1/16
    #1234 1/8
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have link for P&S

Post Thanks / Like

I second CP's post. Also add that Grousefly's weedless tube jig heads(I just call 'em 'tubeless' for short - but no family relation to a tire...) with monofilament weed guards - are the cat's pajamas. So are his mono guard jigheads for grubs/curlytails. Shoot, everything he makes is killer.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Bug ...

Quote Originally Posted by crappie bug
    Hey crappiepappy is the y-guard better than the brush style? What size and kind of hooks does grousefly's 1/16 and 1/32 have in them? Where can you order them at? Thanks
    I used to think that brush style guards were not all that great. But, having used them for awhile, now, I think my skepticism was unfounded. I do like the Y guard better, though. It is a little harder to hang it up, than it is a brush guard ... and that's a big plus, considering where I'm usually casting my jig :p

Grousefly can pretty much put together any combo of jighead/hook that you'd want. I have the 1/32 & the 1/16 jigheads with #4 & #2 hooks, and all four combinations have worked well.

If you want some, contact Paul Mullins (Grousefly) thru his email address :
    [email protected]
    You can probably get ahold of him thru the PM system here, too.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hey, CrappieCat ...

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCat
    Do you have link for P&S
    you can contact Paul Mullins (aka Grousefly) of P&S Tackle at :

[email protected]

Sorry, no links ... Paul does not have a website.

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast