Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Materials sales (need your help with INFO)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Materials sales (need your help with INFO)

Ok guys so may of you have ask me to either sell to you or want me to start caring some material to sell that I think I am going to try it in a small way. I will still price things better than most and will limit what I carry at least for a while since I can't afford to start off stocking everything.

So here is my questions...

What color Marabou would you guys buy most?

What color Chenille would you like and how much would you want to buy at one time? 5 yards, 10 yards of each color? I will carry every color I tie with and may add a few more.

I will make up some small kits that include some squirrel tail, marabou, Thread, tinsel, maybe some kip tails and a little hackle for the ones that want to try that. I will cut down the size of each to control cost of the packages.

Tell me what else you may want me to have for you.

Tools I am thinking of just having a kit of a few pieces, like Whip finish tool, bodkin, bobbin (good one). I really don't see me getting into vises, but I can special order them at a decent price and they go from cheap to pretty high cost ones.

I still don't have cost figured with what it cost it takes to get them to me, but I will be fair no matter what!

Tell me some good ideas you may have or think you would want. Actually you guys can help me help you if you not only tell me what you want, but actually start buying what I keep from me so I can keep materials flowing and turning over. Remember the more you buy at one time the less shipping impacts the overall cost of what you get.

Soon I will add a page to my web site with prices and what I will have to sell.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 01-21-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see it. It would be a great idea I think. For the casual jig tier, I think 5 yards might run out too quick, and if they order a color they know they want 10 yards would be enough to sit down and make plenty of the pattern jig they want. Just my .02.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    Ok guys so may of you have ask me to either sell to you or want me to start caring some material to sell that I think I am going to try it in a small way. I will still price things better than most and will limit what I carry at least for a while since I can't afford to start off stocking everything.

So here is my questions...

What color Marabou would you guys buy most?

What color Chenille would you like and how much would you want to buy at one time? 5 yards, 10 yards of each color? I will carry every color I tie with and may add a few more.

I will make up some small kits that include some squirrel tail, marabou, Thread, tinsel, maybe some kip tails and a little hackle for the ones that want to try that. I will cut down the size of each to control cost of the packages.

Tell me what else you may want me to have for you.

Tools I am thinking of just having a kit of a few pieces, like Whip finish tool, bodkin, bobbin (good one). I really don't see me getting into vises, but I can special order them at a decent price and they go from cheap to pretty high cost ones.

I still don't have cost figured with what it cost it takes to get them to me, but I will be fair no matter what!

Tell me some good ideas you may have or think you would want. Actually you guys can help me help you if you not only tell me what you want, but actually start buying what I keep from me so I can keep materials flowing and turning over. Remember the more you buy at one time the less shipping impacts the overall cost of what you get.

Soon I will add a page to my web site with prices and what I will have to sell.

Skip

Marabou.........Chartreuse, Aqua, White, Pink

Chenille...... Flourescent yellow and Flourescent yellow with black striping 10 yards

Squirrel tail.......red

Jig heads............. 1/32nd

Krystal Flash.............Chartreuse scale

Tying thread............red flat waxed
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Marabou - black, yellow & others mentioned
    Chenille - 10 yds with the sparkly stuff in it
    Thread - various
    JIG HOOKS
    Bucktail - white
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Jiggin_Joe is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

all that ship said but I like smaller jigs also like 64th
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/jokerpoker/logo.jpg