Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thomas Hill?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thomas Hill?

Anyone been up there recently? Any reports or tips? I've got the itch bad and need to get some fishing in. Trying to find some good info on this lake. Any help would be great.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live in Columbia and fished it quite a bit. It fishes pretty small in the winter, but I've caught some nice ones there. You ever fished it at all, or been there?

Post Thanks / Like

Went with my dad 10 years or so ago. Don't remember anything, just tryin to get some winter fishing in. Lookin into those heated fishing docks down at LOZ too.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Well- I would get a lake map and put in on the warm water arm ramp out of Huntsville. I don't know what the hot water discharge is at present- sometimes the are putting hot water into the chute- sometimes they aren't. Winter crappie fishing usually centers on the warm water arm. I would contact the "Kaseyville Store" (660-777-3525) and they may be able to tell you the conditions. Check with Adam at Tombstone Tackle on the West end of the Business loop in Columbia- he may be able to help you out also.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear that they're hammering on them up there. Alot of guys fish it from the bank in the warm water arm. It's been several years since I fished it, but as I remember they had signs marking the big brushpiles. You can also tell where by looking for where the boats are bunched up. Also, don't neglect the dropoff with brush by the island. You'll see it by the boats hanging off it.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.