Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: where are all the tx fishermen?

Post Thanks / Like

Default where are all the tx fishermen?

on the lakes i hope. been catching a few on belton. but its pretty slow.best luck is early morning. using minnows & jigs best if using dark color jig with minnow in tandem. water is staind in most of my prefered locations so black or brown seems to work best. would like to have reports from other texas lakes.

texanz1187 Guest

well i havent been fishin for crappie in a while so naturally i havent had much luck im up in the panhandle though and there arent very many fishing oppertunities

trb1977 Guest

Allan henry is the top lake I hear.

Post Thanks / Like

I am further south by Houston. The lakes are filling back up from the summer draw down and the crappie should be turning on better as the crappie move shallow to feed in the cooler fall months and before they move deeper for winter. I have found here that i have good success in stained to murkey water useing red boddy with chartruse tail you may give it a try on belton and hope it adds a few more to your stringer-- sticko

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Lake tyler, Palestine regular for crappie. It has been real good until this last fornt moved in and it has really shut down the fish Im on. I think their in transition now, getting ready to move into the creek channels North towards the dam. All of my piles that are in 15' to 18' have really slowed down now. I will start drifting in the creeks on about 1 mile runs and pick up fish there until they finally move to the dam.

Good luck fishing.

tdraughon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BRITT
    I fish Lake tyler, Palestine regular for crappie. It has been real good until this last fornt moved in and it has really shut down the fish Im on. I think their in transition now, getting ready to move into the creek channels North towards the dam. All of my piles that are in 15' to 18' have really slowed down now. I will start drifting in the creeks on about 1 mile runs and pick up fish there until they finally move to the dam.

Good luck fishing.
    Brit, are you making structure or fishing natural stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Next week I plan to fish the Dam area, working my way back up lake Palestine. All my fishing Buddys are sick or working.