Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 24V battery question

Post Thanks / Like

Default 24V battery question

When I get done with a day on the lake and charge my batteries, I have a 24V setup, one battery is always used and one battery seems like it has not been used at all? When I charge one it takes a couple hours, then I charge the other one and it is still fully charged...Is this normal...I am guessing once one runs dead the trolling motor pulls from the other one...I just thought in pulled in unison from both batteries...Can anyone comment on this?

Post Thanks / Like

You either have a wiring issue or a breaker tripped. Is your motor 12/24 or was there ever a 12/24 motor on the boat? Should be equal draw. Check the voltage at the TM connector.

Post Thanks / Like

is the down batt. hooked to wires going to tm first? If so switch them around. But either way should not make diff.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you don't have a true 24V system or like already mentioned you have a 12/24 and the other battery never comes into play. Look at these pics and see if your batteries a connected one of those 2 ways. http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/attach...9&d=1192886085

Here is the whole thread http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=48674
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 65 lb thrust minn kota all terrain, how do i know if it is a 24v tm or 12 volt? i will run and get my connections and let you know...so if i have a 12 volt sytem, i basicly hve two batteries and really only need 1? or i could switch to charged battery if one goes dead?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lhumphre
    I have a 65 lb thrust minn kota all terrain, how do i know if it is a 24v tm or 12 volt? i will run and get my connections and let you know...so if i have a 12 volt sytem, i basicly hve two batteries and really only need 1? or i could switch to charged battery if one goes dead?
    I think you have a 24volt system. Sounds like you only using 1 battery and running 1/2 power. Batteries should be wired in series. Check IBNFSHN sticky on battery wiring.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"