Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how would you rig

Post Thanks / Like

Default how would you rig

I got a Wally Marshall 10' jig pole for my birthday and was wondering how to rig it. I want to use it for jigging and float and fly. Would you tie the jig on then cut off to change to float and fly or put in a swivel snap to make changing easier?
    inquiring mind (what little of it there is) wants to know.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

i never use a swivel
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't control the jig position and action as well with a snap swivel. I always tie the jig directly to the line, slide the knot to the back of the eye so the jig hangs horizontally in the water. It looks more natural to the fish. You just can't get it to hang right with a swivel.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman
    I got a Wally Marshall 10' jig pole for my birthday and was wondering how to rig it. I want to use it for jigging and float and fly. Would you tie the jig on then cut off to change to float and fly or put in a swivel snap to make changing easier?
    inquiring mind (what little of it there is) wants to know.
    I will be doing crappie seminars at the Louisville boat show. If you do not get the answers you need during the seminar ,come talk to me after and I will try to help with anything you need. check; www.louisvilleboatshow.com for times.

Charlie Hildreth

Post Thanks / Like

I just re rigged my 10' tonight and I will be expermenting with using more than one jig. I tied the first on with a palamor knot leaving a 18" tag end and tied the second on about 14" below the first. I also rigged my 6'6" the same way but put 1/2 oz weight on the bottom. I think these set ups are going to work very well for vertical fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlie H
    I will be doing crappie seminars at the Louisville boat show. If you do not get the answers you need during the seminar ,come talk to me after and I will try to help with anything you need. check; www.louisvilleboatshow.com for times.

Charlie Hildreth
    Charlie Thanks for the offer,but I work part time and that's on Fri to Mon. I had it set up that way so I can fish thru the week when there's not so many hot dogs out there. I am going to try to get to the show some time thru the week tho as it's to cold for me to fish.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman
    Charlie Thanks for the offer,but I work part time and that's on Fri to Mon. I had it set up that way so I can fish thru the week when there's not so many hot dogs out there. I am going to try to get to the show some time thru the week tho as it's to cold for me to fish.
    Sorry you can't make it. Email me and I will try to answer all you qestions.

[email protected]

charlie