Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falls Lake 1/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Lake 1/19

I fished yesterday untill 12:30 hoping to experience some snow but it just rained that cold rain. I spent most of the morning under the route 98 bridge, and along the west bank from the bridge to mile marker #4. Tried jigs but they were not haveing any of em..at least the colors I offered.. Ended up catching 2 small munchkin size Crappie on a solid chartruce.

I started out with 3 poles rigged for just minnows and those were the ones catching fish so I ended up takeing all my jigs off and fishing the rest of the morning with just minnows.

Under the bridge all the crappie were caught on the west side between the west pileing and shore about 12 feet deep. I tried in the middle and east side but did not get a bite over there. Along the west bank in front of all the laydowns, I caught them 10 feet deep.

About 11 or so I had enough for dinner so I broke the cardinal rule and left them biting and took the boat out of the water and went over to the 50 launch area so see what was going on over there. I ended up picking a few more fish up infront of the rock banks before I called it quits for the day.

Here's a picture of the the 10 fish I took home. Size ranged from 10" to 13"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by REDBOAT; 01-20-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

not bad for a day like yesterday
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish cant wait til the spring!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!

Does it look like the water is up any at Falls from all the recent rain/snow? Would like to get to Falls this spring, but I don't want to tear up the new boat if there isn't much water!

Post Thanks / Like

Turkeyfootnc,

Congradulations on the new boat! Unfortunately the water level is still wayyy down. The Ledgerock launch from what I understan is basically a canoe/kyak launch only, however, if you use the ramp at hwy 50 or the Upper Barton Ramp, (At each spot there is only one ramp open) you'll be OK

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch redboat. Thats proof that you are an ice fisherman. I was going to fish saturday and got up and saw rain and decided not to go. Wish I had gone anyway. Sat around the house wishin I wuz fishin all day. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, tough guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Good Mess Of Fish In Not So Good Conditions. You The Man Redboat.