Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rainy Day

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rainy Day

About 4 months ago a friend and I went fishing on Lake Lavon. I was driving my 2-seater standard transmission truck pulling my boat. This is probably the second time my friend has gone fishing in a boat and knows nothing about launching, driving, or loading a boat. We pulled up to the ramp and loaded all of our gear in the boat. My friend stood on the ramp as I backed the boat in. After the boat was in, I put the car in neutral, put on the E brake, and ran to go drive the boat off. I get the boat off and hand the tow line to my friend. I run back up the ramp, go park the car, and run back down to the boat. About this time I notice some dark clouds in the sky. My buddy and I get in the boat and drive out to a point to fish for some catfish, you know, the kind of catfishing where you lazy around not really caring if you catch anything. We tie to a tree and break out the stink-bait. To our dismay, the stuff was starting to go bad, and smelled worse than usual. I fought through the smell and baited up a set of hooks and cast them into the water. At this time, it starts to drissle. I tell my buddy he better not mind getting we cuz we were staying. He jokingly said we might catch pnemonia. I told him it had to be cold to catch pnemonia (September in Texas is still quite warm). The next thing we knew, the clouds burst, and it was raining so hard we couldnt see more than 20 yards in each direction. Needless to say, we took off for the ramp like the devil himself was chasing us. While speeding back to the ramp my friend turned around and asked if I thought he could catch pnemonia now. Seeing as there was about an inch of water already in the boat (after only 10 minutes mind you) and we were soaked to the bone, I said I figured he could catch pnemonia. We get back to the ramp and I jump out of the boat into the water with it still moving. I get the truck, back it in, and hook up the winch rope. All the while, swells are coming over the back of the boat. As I am cranking the winch, the rope breaks. No worries, I think, I'll just get the emergency strap.... I forgot the strap. So instead. I tooke the tow rope and tied the boat to the trailor. We jump in the truck, soaked to the bone, and head home. About 5 minutes into our trip, the rain stops. We descided to head home anyway. The fun's not over yet though. As I'm driving I look back and see a trebble hook flopping around and almost hooking cars in the other lane. At the next red light, my buddy jumps out and goes to put the hook back in the boat. As he moved the pole back in the boat, the trebble hook snagged his sleave. To his dismay, and my enjoyment, the light turned green as he was struggling to free himself. Seeing the green light, he became frantic, jerking wildly at the hook. Luckily there was a long line of cars in front of us, and he freed himself and jumped in the door right as it was our turn to go. Luckily, we made it home without further incident. That's sure one day of fishing I'll never forget.

Foxy is offline Moderator Massachusetts Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha good story

I was fishing one day when it started raining. I was determined to stay though. I watched as one by one, the others around me packed up and left until I was the only angler on the dock. I was getting pretty soaked but i didn't mind.

Well about 10 minutes later, I noticed this really funny looking cloud over on the other side of the water. It seemed to be circle-shaped and coming down from the sky and there was another cloud coming up from the ground to meet it. Yes indeed, there was a tornado forming right in front of my eyes. I didn't know wether to grab onto the dock and hold on for dear life or book it back to my truck - the dock was probably at least 3 football fields long and I was at the very end of it. Luckily before i could decide, the two halfs of the tornado reversed direction and the clouds retuned to normal. Man, that was scary!

Post Thanks / Like

They can't call you all fair weather fishermen.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids