Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 Boats

These boats have caught my eye. Does anyone in here own one that has an opinion about them? The one that has my interest is the Angler V 172 T.

I adopted 3 miles of I40 here in West Memphis,so when you guys drive through,throw your aluminum cans out.....:D

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey pox, I've owned a G-3 1860sc for about 5 years now. It's been a good rig and I've never had any problems with it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend that bought a used G3 and he absolutely loves it. It rides nice, is very stable, and his can block that cold wind for two people to remain comfortable on the boat rides to "those spots".
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default buddy has one

I have a buddy with one and he likes it great for duck hunting and okay for fishing. Its a 19/66 with tall sides and he is used to a boat with low sides.

my 2 cents, the front deck is not great for spider rigging. It is higher than I would want and I don't think that they will custom make. Other than that it looks good. I would look closely at F & F. If you have a good dealer, you can draw your boat and order it custom for the same (or better) price than you can go into a store and buy what they want to sell you.

There was boat dealer in Marion, Kentucky, that had several and was going out of business and had them marked down pretty good according to my buddy CrappieCrider. Send him a pm and I am sure that he can give you contact info. I will have to call and tell him to check his mail b/c he doesn't log in every day.
    rushcreekoutdoor

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1756 SC with a Yamaha 40 4 stroke. Had it for about 2 years with no problems at all. With just me at 300 lbs it runs about 30 with the stock prop. Have upgraded to a stainless prop that definitely sped it up some. Would not hesitate to buy another one.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a '94 Gen III, that I was told was basically the same boat as G3, as they are the same company. If it is then I would speak highly of them as well. I have a 1756 (mod v), .100 welded, with a short deck on front and open span to back bench(side console). It's a very stable boat. This particular boat was sold as a commercial boat, no warranty, as related to me by G3 representatives.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Eagle 175 and love it! G3 is great, had a 2000 that was out of warranty and brought it to a dealer to see about fixing a small crack in the hull and they gave me a new boat even thought the warranty was out. I got a brand new boat no questions asked. That is good Customer Service! The boats fish great and are very strong, mine has traveled fishing crappie tourneys all over the south east. I have put it through many flooded forests and drug it over sand bars while the lakes were down this summer. The only complaint I had was the little Garmin fishfinder and I was taking it off to throw in the lake and a buddy took it for his john boat.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

check out the wareagle they are made in your backyard!! the will build it the way you want it!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I agree with billbob

If I lived as close as you to War Eagle that would be my choice....The Ward family will build what you want...

Rusty, the GPSMAP 76 is doing a good job...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day