Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with livewell repair????

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help with livewell repair????

I have a 2002 Tracker PT175. The valve that opens and closes to keep water in or empty my livewell is not working. It is controlled by a long rod that connects right next to the throttle arm at an AUTO/EMPTY lever, which I also broke but will not be a problem to fix. What is the best way to get to the bottom of the livewell to fix the valve, or should I just plug the drain and come up with some other set up? Also, assuming I can get to it, where can you get the parts for it? I have looked all over the internet with no luck.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how the Tracker's are set up, but I recently did some work on my boat and to get to the livewell hoses I had to remove my gas tank. Wasn't to terrible of a task once I emptied the tank.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a live well control valve for my glass boat, was $35 + shipping. This one is located down in bilge area, not the easiest place to get to.

Call Tracker maintenance, they can tell you where the valve is, how to get to it and item price too.

You may be able to remove old valve & clean it...might work better. But, if it's a job to get at it, might as well install new valve.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to work upside down with all the blood running to your head and very little space just takes lots and lots of patience. My daughter said "dad it looks like you are digging in the boat's butt". lol I would look around for your part and put it back original if possible

Post Thanks / Like

My 02 Targa had the front one pluged with a minnow. I got to it going thru the ski storage on the floor. not much fun trying to hold yourself up and reach 3 feet under the floor. I got it unhooked, cleaned out and back in place in about an hour. Tracker should have your parts.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gone fishin'
    Call Tracker maintenance, they can tell you where the valve is, how to get to it and item price too.
    Good idea.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

The same thing happened to my tracker, I just put a plug in it.

Post Thanks / Like

It almost seems I should be able to get at it from the underseat storage, but I can't get my hands to it and still be able to work on it. I hope I don't have to remove the gas tank. Everything I need to move just adds one more potential problem when I break something else. If the driver's seat had an opening behind it like the center and passenger do, it would be easy to get to. But if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump.........well, ya know.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caveman
    The same thing happened to my tracker, I just put a plug in it.
    I've been using it with a plug in it, but I'd like for it to work the way it is supposed to. I'd love to go out right now and try to get to it, but I can't bring myself to go out there in the 16 degree temps and drag the cover off it. Maybe I'll back it into the garage later?
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

first thing ya do is stick a garden hose into the outlet... if its an obstruction... might blow it out ....then call tracker,lol
    :D MichaelT. In the Zone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast