Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Friday Blackshear Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday Blackshear Report

Got to the lake a little late. Had prop problems that needed fixing so I didn't get there until 11:00 am. Put in at Smoak Bridge and fished the 3rd row of pilings in 16-18ft of water. Fish were biting good for about an hour. Caught 15 nice ones, and 6 or 8 throw-backs, pretty quick. They shut down completely around 12:30.

Some friends of mine were already there when I arrived. They were fishing the north side of the 3rd row while I was fishing the south. They left around 12:30 with 52. They said the majority of what they had was caught between 5am and 7am.

All the fish were caught with minnows tightlined on the bottom.

Talked to a few people at the landing who had spent the morning fishing at the back end of the creek around the cypress trees. They didn't catch anything.

Papasage, I hope you left a few for me. I'm heading back up Sunday or Monday morning.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i got to smoke bridge around 8:00am . left home and was going to buy minnows at RUBOS . thay wernot there at 7:00am . so i had to go to arrowhead . . that is why i was so late . anyway i didnt git a bite al morning . went up toward the dam and fished a spot some one told me they limited out and i went there and didnt git noyhing but a couple of strippers and 1 crappie . went back to the brodge and fishe it again and trolled the creak channel back tthe other way and cought 2 crappie . guess the cold pushed them back to deeper water . we went to the deeper water close to dam and cought 4 more and a few strippers . guess they dont like me . may take the grand sons tomorrow and try the 280 bridge and the RR trussel . that water is deeper and might be better . there was a couple of fellow that lived on the lake did catch some . dont know how minny .guess they have a lot of experince .
    i realy think they dont like my deodarent .
    retired and now i will always fish