Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To The Scumbag That Stole The Castnet Off My Dock...

Post Thanks / Like

Default To The Scumbag That Stole The Castnet Off My Dock...

C'mon back....I got somethin else for ya....
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your rage at the moment but don't see the need for a post that's makes one think you would find that type of person here on crappie.com. Kind of insulting.

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I did'nt take it as a insult. He said C'mon back maybe he's thinking he might forget his rod and reels tonight lol. Kunes sorry to here about your net. Drift_Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that. I have heard of worse than just a net gettin stolen. I heard of one guy getting his prop stolen right off the motor as it sat on a lift. Worse things most insurance companys will not cover props, this was a 300 to 500 dollar prop
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Sorry to hear about that. I have heard of worse than just a net gettin stolen. I heard of one guy getting his prop stolen right off the motor as it sat on a lift. Worse things most insurance companys will not cover props, this was a 300 to 500 dollar prop
    That's exactly why I invested in a prop lock the last time I bought a new prop. I think it was 40-50 bucks but thats a lot better than $400 for another prop and possibly ruining a fishing trip.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default What I don't understand

That's one thing I never understood. I see boats on the lifts all the time with their props exposed. All it would take is a wrench and I could have all the props I wanted. Seen several stainless steel props that would fetch a couple hundred apiece at least on ebay. I am surprised more aren't stolen than what I hear about.

I think the fortunate thing is that most people are still good. However, there is always a few b*******s out there who don't respect other peoples property or rights.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep props can be swiped quickly, that is why you never see props left on a boat at the dealerships. If mine was any place other than my house it would have a lock on it.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you leave a castnet on your dock? Does not sound like a good idea dude. Good you learn your lesson on that then something much worse like a boat.

On a local lake there is a big private dock with loads of floating beaters docked at it that are half sunk and stuff. Me and my wife dock up and walk along with long rods or poles dropping minnows all over the place. Last time we went there there was around 10 bottles of beer in a pile in the center of the dock, we figured there much have been a party so we ignore it and start fishing from the dock. Well not long after we started I realised all the tops were still on, they were all full. Luckily for them me nor my wife drink but anyway when leaving i rememberd a trotline attached to the dock I always mean to just check, not to steal fish but to just look at it and what ever fish may be attached . I would have either left the fish or walked them up to the house if they were not doing so well. Anyway I pull it up and theres a weird large pouch attached to the end, ofcourse about big enough to hold 10 bottles of beer. Obviously someone had had the same idea as me to check the trot line but they were obviously not as nice as me and must have thought the beer bottles was a special trap as the pouch looked kind of crabtrapish so they emptied out the pouch on the dock to just find they are full beers. Funny that if they had been fish they woud have been stolen but since they were beer they were just dumped out right in the middle of the dock for all to see.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an older family friend that when I was growin up I used to go fish off his dock after school. Well He had about a 16-17' bass boat with about a 115 hp motor on it. He only left it in the water every now and the cause there was a ramp at the end of his road. Well one night he left the boat tied up. He took his trolling motor off and carried it in and chained the boat to the dock. When he got up the next morning he went out to go fishing and his boat was gone. Of course he called the police and did a report. Well someone in the town across the lake and down stream a little bit found his boat the next day. They took the motor, guages and everything that was loose or screwed down. Then the sob's pulled the plug on it. Didn't sink all the way because of the floatation but it was a total loss. insurance got to buy a new boat.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only imagine how easy it must be to hotwire a boat. Sure worries me. You would think with new boats costing as much if not more then a new car they would have computer ignition or atleast some anti-theft devices. Makes me want to get a big mean dog and name it boat-alarm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast