Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmanx2
I have read several of your responses answering questions for others and now I need to bother you with one of my own. I have just purchased a Lowrance LMS-520c unit for the front of my boat. I purchased the navionics hot maps premium 2007 edition and the nav planer. After installing the map in the 520c and getting out on Kentucky Lake I found out the depth contour would not show in the part of lake I fish. The area is between Eva and Cypress Creek across from New Johnsonville. I have called Lowrance and they said I needed to get a update on my unit I had just purchased and if that didn't work call Navionics. I have been in contact with both several times and now back where I started, no map for area I fish for the 520c. I have an old SI-TEk unit on the rear that has C-Map and the detail is very good even being several years old. I have been told that C-Map will not work on my 520c. Now all that being said Im interested in a Hummingbird S/I to replace the SI-Tek and would like to run the same maps on both. I dont know if I can return the 520c since its been installed or not, I bought it from Bass Pro 3 weeks or so ago. I hope to use my macbook with windows xp installed on it to run the map and mark spots to put out beds and if I get S/I to transfer info back and forth. Now for the question, what can be done if anything to run c-map on the 520c? Any maps that you know of that shows detail depth info for this area that will do what i need? If no other option but trying to return unit to Bass Pro what would you recommend for the front.

Thanks for your help,

Dawgmanx2
got this PM from Dawgmanx2 ... see what you more knowledgable electronics guys can do to help him out !!

... cp