Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gotta reel question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Gotta reel question

I've set my Ranger up with a really cool bar that I bent to the contour of my boat that's removeable and has 6 rod holders on it. Its been great since it's like having a rail on a pontoon. I have plans to replace my old OMC trolling motor with an autopilot ( motorguide or Minn., which is best?) so I may make another bar for the other side and use these trolling which brings the question. What are anyone's thoughts about 10,12,and maybe 14' trolling rods and B&M Buck's reels doing double duty, trolling and still,nite fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't answer the question, I'm too upset, you put a bar on your boat and it ain't stocked with quality bourbon.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

ill say shorter the rod the better with hi vis yellow line to help see the bite at night
    Last edited by painterfish; 01-18-2008 at 04:24 PM.
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat
    I can't answer the question, I'm too upset, you put a bar on your boat and it ain't stocked with quality bourbon.
    :D :D :D
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat
    Notice I said it's just like having a pontoon:D

Post Thanks / Like

We've been cork fishin lately at nite and noticed bigger fish are caught on edges of hydra-glo lite but have'nt tried tight line much. Only rod titelined never gets bite last few times

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Straight Answer

IT'S TOUGH TO GET A STAIGHT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS! IF YOU WANT AN AUTO PILOT, MOTOR GUIDE DOES NOT OFFER ONE. YOU WILL HAVE TO GO WITH THE MINNKOTA. YOU CAN TIGHT LINE, LONG LINE TROLL, AND LIVE BAIT FISH WITH BnM'S PST MODELS. I USE SHIMANO REELS THAT I ALSO SELL FOR $10.00

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

Live2fry The Rail System Gives You Alot More Versatility As It Will Work Well For Just Holding And Adjustable Up And Down As Well Should You Want To Try Spider Rigging. Mr. Monk Can Help You Out With The Rods As Well At A Good Price. He Also Dosn't Mind Giving Advice. If You've Ever Read His Posts, You Know He Puts Them In The Boat.