Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sam Rayborn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam Rayborn

I took my granddaughter to Sam Rayborn this morning. The wind made it tough to fish but we brought home 24 keepers and two large white bass. We plan on going again tomorrow. Hope the wind dies down. Good fishing.
    Small Minnow

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you go on the lake to fish?

I put in at Etoile and tried to bridge but ended up in a cove near King Town. The wind was some kind of wicked I got up thinking it was going to be smooth sailing all day what a dissapointment it turned out to be. I did not catch a single fish and still have two dozen minnows for another day. I was fishing in a 12' deep hole on the point going into the cove with the wind blowing right into the cove. I did not plan on going today wish I did it looks real nice outside but have some home work to do today. Maybe tomorrow will be as nice as today and I will make a go at it then.
    Good luck in the fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been catching any fish on Sam Rayburn....I really haven't heard any real good crappie stories from the lake but I hear the catfish are biting pretty good around the buck brush....

Post Thanks / Like

Well like a glutton for punishment I put in at the Etoile ramp and tried to fish under 103 bridge after 30 minutes of getting pounded and the waves washing over the bow of my boat I pulled up. Not a single nibble at the bridge at that time. I headed up to the shallows and fished anywhere from 3' to 10' of water not a nibble. At 5:30 decided to head home but talked myself into trying the bridge one more time. Took out 8 keepers till I ran out of minnows and switched to a jig and pulled out several more all within in 30 minutes.
    We are having fresh crappie for supper tonight.
    I used a red head white tail jig and my daughters boyfriend was using a chartruesse jig getting good hits in at three cranks from the bottom. None of the fish had eggs so I am guessing all males?
    No one I talked to really were killing the fish and almost everyone was under the bridge a few were in the shallows but I don't know how well they were doing.
    Next weekend it will be a few more minnows and jig time again.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go! Glad to hear you caught some. I can only imagine how tough the wind was. I went out yesterday and didn't stay long due to the wind. It seemed worse today around my property. Maybe it will settle down after tonight. Thanks for the report.