Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ouch!!!! Thats gonna leave a mark

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ouch!!!! Thats gonna leave a mark

Was pressure washing three houses today and was having trouble getting my chemical pump to get good pressure. I use a 30 gallon plastic tank on my trailer with a 12 volt pump and 300 hundred feet of hose for spraying just this one chemical. I inject everyother chemical with my machine except this one. Anyways, this stuff is a mixture of sodium hydrochorite 12.5% ( Pool Shock), Tri Sodium Phosphate( TSP ), Excel fungicide/algaecide, dishwashing liquid and water. I use it as the solution on vinyl siding and vinyl siding only. I mix it myself so I can buy it in bulk. Anyways, sorry to ramble, went to work on the pump thinking that some undisolved chemicals were stuck in the strainer. I was leaned up against the trailer with my back to it with a t-shirt, a pullover shirt and a coat on. I was working on the strainer, had it apart, was clearing it out and putting it back together. I felt like something had stung me in the back. Scratched at it a little and went back to work. Probably 3 or 4 minutes later, felt like my back was on fire. What happened was the top seal around the plunger mount on the tank has a crack in the 0 ring and was shooting a stream of water straight out onto my back. It soaked through my coat, my shirt and my tshirt. By the time I figured out what had happened and got all the shirts and coat off, I have a burn about the size of a cantalope on my back. Yeah, I took em all off, only the local livestock perished from the sight of post winter FATBOY with his shirts off. I have been doing this 11 years and never been burned. I know the chemical hazards of the chemicals I use and have a MSDS for all of them, but I wasn't paying attention and got nailed. I have a whole left arm to remind me of how fun it is to get burned and some of you who have met me have seen it. Majority of people never notice because Vanderbilt University Medical Center did a great some on the patching up. In the summer it doesn't tan the same as the rest of my skin though. Anyways, just thought I would share how my lovely day went. I was trying to make a post as long as Moose, but I don't think I even came close.

PS, Little bit of Silvadene and some Neosporin( and a few beers) I will be just fine and back on the job in the morning. Take care all.

Fatboy
    Last edited by fatboy; 03-18-2005 at 08:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Flad you were not injured worse. But then it takes a lot to get FB down. Have another beer on me...no for me. Oh heck just have another beer
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you were Lucky. Sure glad it did not hit your head and face.
    Sounds like you need a 5 day fishing trip..

Pete