Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: When is the Spring spawn?

Post Thanks / Like

Default When is the Spring spawn?

What's up New York? Looking at coming that way this spring and wanted to know what month you all consider the best for pre-spawn/spawn? Would it be April (early/late) May (early/late)? Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, last year it was the second half of May before they started getting active.
    This year, we're having another weird weather year, will have to wait and see what goes on in March and April to get an idea of how this spring will shape up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks joejv4. are you an active fisherman? I will keep an eye on the New York postings as the spring arrives, hopefully that will help me get a good feel for what is happening.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to get out on the water at least once or twice a week during the spring and summer. Any species of fish is fair game (in season, of course) but when I'm hankering for a fish-fry, crappie are my target.

Once spring gets here, I'll be posting fishing reports again. In the mean-time, I'll be putting some bunnies in the freezer, making venison jerky, and trying to keep warm.