Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Confused

Nibbler Guest

Unhappy Confused

I'm pretty new to Crappie fishing, and I'm not sure where the bigger slabs go when the weather turns hot! I would assume the deeper river channels, etc., but I'm having trouble finding them. Could anyone give me any help?
    Thanks
    Nibbler

Post Thanks / Like

Nibbler, Good question!! :rolleyes: The standard theory is they head to the deeper brush-piles,or suspend above the thermocline next to dropoffs/ledges. 3 years ago a old crappieman showed me something that just 'BLEW' me away. He was fishing VERY shallow in 90+ degrees. Surface temps in the upper 80's. It was around stumps and trees that were in less than 8ft up to 2ft. Not quite the action that the other standard places had but,,,,they were MUCH bigger. Live bait & slow presentations work just fine. This is a all day bite too. Use long poles(10ft or longer), 1/32 oz jigs with a med. to large minner. Lower the bait next to the stump/tree. If there is a bass there, he'll hit you right now. The ole big crappie will just nip at it first. Just hold it there dead still. Just like magic you'll feel weight on your pole or your line will start to move away from the stump. SET THE HOOK,,, :o then hollar "GET THE NET" :D I guess these bigguns have their own territory and at first just trying to move/scare the bait away. But just like every other fish, when it's easy prey,,they will eat it. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER