Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting bracket

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting bracket

I have a Eagle FishEasy 320c I want to mount, but I really don't want to drill any holes in my fiberglass. Do they make a suctoin cup mount you can buy, or can anyone give me any ideals on what I can do?
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

show us some pics of the boat/area you want to mount it and I bet these folks come up with something that'll work.

Post Thanks / Like

Upholstry grade velcro. If you decide to move it later a little goo be gone and you are done. I would not mount on the water side of boat unless I have it screwed down or at least had a safety cable on it just the right conditions with just the right hard bump wave and it could say bye. I always look for something that is already mounted and see if I can use the existing holes and make a special bracket that will work. that way no new holes.
    Gone Fishing

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same unit but didn't like the no swivel mount. Bought a generic swivel at BPS and with a little adaptation mounted it out of the way and turn it where I am in the boat. Maybe that would help use some existing holes.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Drill the holes and you'll be happier in the long run. Much more secure mount. Just install a standard mount like a Johnny Ray or RAM mount so you don't have to drill new ones when you get a new depthfinder. I resisted drilling in my glass for a while, but I'm really glad I've got mine on a RAM mount so I can point it where I need it while I'm running.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys here are some picture where I want to mount this graph. I really don't want to drill holes, because down the road I am wanting to buy a bigger jon boat and thought I would put this graph on it.

can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

Great location (until you get under a high dock or something.) Bad place as far as I'm concerned. Also, your wires will be exposed there. Unless you drill.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

The lakes I fish don't have docks so I not worried about that I just don't what to drill any holes. It may not be there that long.
    can't catch'em at home

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

mount it on a piece of plywood an set it between your feet on the floor of the boat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast