Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Canepole

Post Thanks / Like

Question Canepole

Canepole,the kit that humminbird sells for the 997si that transfers data from your handheld gps back to the 997 of any use.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory
    Canepole,the kit that humminbird sells for the 997si that transfers data from your handheld gps back to the 997 of any use.
    What kit is this? Link?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canepole

It's called GPS CONNECTION CABLE in order to connect a hand held or other NEMA gps-compatible device that you already own to your 900 series.That what it say's on page 125 of the manual.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory
    It's called GPS CONNECTION CABLE in order to connect a hand held or other NEMA gps-compatible device that you already own to your 900 series.That what it say's on page 125 of the manual.
    I'll swag the answer. I think you can use an existing GPS to receive the NEMA strings. You cannot download or upload stuff from your existing (or other) GPS. Be nice feature to have. But nope.

I think what they (Humminbird) are doing is allowing you to use an existing GPS as an antenna for the humminbird 900 series. Same for the 700 series. I might be wrong, but I been wrong before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I'll swag the answer. I think you can use an existing GPS to receive the NEMA strings. You cannot download or upload stuff from your existing (or other) GPS. Be nice feature to have. But nope.

I think what they (Humminbird) are doing is allowing you to use an existing GPS as an antenna for the humminbird 900 series. Same for the 700 series. I might be wrong, but I been wrong before.
    They used that cable for the 982 I think it was. The side scan without the GPS. That way you used your handheld as the GPS unit. The ones that had it that way.Wished they had went ahead and bought the unit with the GPS.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canepole

Thanks for the info, guys

Post Thanks / Like

If you are wanting to transfer waypoint data to/from a handheld gps unit to/from your 997 it can be done with EasyGPS, HumminbirdPC and a basic USB SD cardreader.

From handheld to 997 - download handheld with EasyGPS to your computer, save to a file, using HumminbirdPC import the file, then transfer to the SD card.

From 997 to handheld - with the 997 powered up on your boat go to NAV in the main menu and export all nav data, bring up the file in HumminbirdPC, export to a format your handheld accepts, upload to your handheld with EasyGPS.

Watch for overrighting issues and/or duplicate waypoints. When I load a new waypoint file to my 997 it adds to the existing nav data and therefore creates duplicates and fills up the memory. Conversely, when uploading data to my Garmin GPSMap76 it will replace any waypoints with the same name.
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 01-16-2008 at 02:57 AM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]