Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reels

Anyone use this reel - any good?

Uncle Buck's® Deluxe Round Crappie Reel

Easily cast light lures and light line into types of cover that crappie love with this ultra-light reel. Weighing only 4 oz., this Uncle Buck’s Deluxe Round Crappie Reel features a strong graphite frame, an anti-reverse lever, audible bait clicker, tension control and has left/right convertible retrieve. This powerful little reel has a powerful 4:1 gear ratio and has 100 yards of 6 lb. test line capacity.
    Line recovery

Post Thanks / Like

If this is the one that looks like a small open face bait caster then yes I have used them and out of four that I bought three of them broke in the first few weeks. I will not buy them again. I was useing them on jig poles and the anti reverse kept breaking on them when you set the hook. The ones I had were red so if this is the same reel that you are looking at I would steer clear. IMO

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

those are the ones - thanks!

I would like to find something that is decent for vertical jigging (i only am able to fish the docks - no boat right now) - without breaking the bank -

any suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like

Shakespear makes a underspin reel that is great I started useing them and have had no problem. They run around $20 each at Sportsman's warehouse

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 of them. They are good for holding line. I can not cast with them.
    But I have had no problem with them breaking. I got mine on e-bay for $4.00 each not too bad, I just wanted them to hold line for tight lining. So far so good.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the UB's mini baitcasters and mine are holding up so far,and I do like them for holding line on my jigpoles(super compact and lightweight).If you are going to be casting I do not think these reels are going to work for you because I can't see them casting at all.I had one of the UB's round Crappie reels(looks like a fly reel) and the anti reverse on that broke about 1 hour into fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Daiwa's Megaforce and Sweepfire spinning reels are pretty great, and you can buy them for around $10.00. I've caught tons of fish on mine with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

just go with the cheap plastic models that just hold line. $5 each at BPS.