Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What Next?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Next?

I have been working hard, lately, to add to my elementary crappie education. So far I have read "Crappie Wisdom," by Infisherman & "Ultimate Crappie Tactics" by Samuel Calvin. In addition, I have 2 more books "Crappie Tactics" by Larry Larson and "The Masters' Secrets of Crappie Fishing by John Philips coming in the mail.

In terms of videos, I have "Crappie Tactics For Lakes & Reservoirs" by Infisherman, "Crappie Fishing Techniques" by Sam Heaton & "Crappie Fishing 101" by Earnest Pary.

What would be the next logical addition to my Crappie Fishing Library, either books or videos? Are there any obvious gaps in the material that I have gone over so far? What do I need to read or watch next?

TIA

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should just go fishin...
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Maybe you should just go fishin...
    My thoughts exactly!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to just go fishing if I had my boat fixed, & had the time to go get it fixed, & had the time to go fishing. I hope to get a couple of days off around the end of the month & will get to work on some of that. The boat & the lake are 3 1/2 hours away.

So in the meantime, I'd like to use what little free time I have productively.

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tugaloo
    I would love to just go fishing if I had my boat fixed, & had the time to go get it fixed, & had the time to go fishing. I hope to get a couple of days off around the end of the month & will get to work on some of that. The boat & the lake are 3 1/2 hours away.

So in the meantime, I'd like to use what little free time I have productively.

Tugaloo
    CRAPPIE WORLD magazine has loads of helpfull info .
    JEFFRO

Post Thanks / Like

Yea it's time to go fishing. Nothing like getting out on the lake and putting all the book knowledge to work and doing some experimentation.

I think your book collection is very good. I have a few of those myself.

Other than reading Crappie World Magazine and reading the good tips on here I don't think you would be missing much information if you just kept what you have in your library.

But if you decide you want more and that is not a bad thing, then here are a few more to aquire.

Bill Dance has a good VCR video on crappie fishing.
    Wally Marshalls Shallow water Slabs is very good too.
    Richard Williams has some DVD's that he did with Russ Bailey that I recommend. www.crappiestuff.com is one spot to obtain them. I think. I could be wrong on that and if I am I hope that Russ or Richard or someone jumps in here to set my straight. I am getting old and my memory is not as good some days as others. Yea I am trying to remember to take my Ginko Biobla but it's hard to remember to take three piles every 8 hours. LOL Oh the Irony. Trying to remember to take a memory pill! What's next?
    Regards,

Moose1am

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default you can also look over ...

this magazine - http://www.scgameandfish.com/ - either check it out on-line every so often, or subscribe to it. They always have a Crappie article or two, related to the state being covered ... and a yearly "forecast" of lakes that should be the most productive for that state.

Jim Duckworth has several video's that deal with Crappie fishing methods, making Crappie beds/condo's, etc. They're pretty straightforward, and offer some useful tips.

Some states even have a "newspaper" type publication ... usually free ... that gives reports on local lakes, tournaments, businesses involved with fishing, etc.

And you can always spend time on the WWW ... just go to Google and type in some relative words, then scan thru the websites and see what they have to say/offer. OR just stick around here and fill your nogin full of the opinions, experiences, tricks, tips, methods, and other ideas ... straight from the pages of the best Crappie forum there is :D .....luck2ya....cp

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking online for used books and found a few ex library books on crappie fishing sooo why not go down to your local library and see what they have. I would not be amazed if they had alot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Books

Any pubilcation by Tim Huffman is a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugaloo
    I have been working hard, lately, to add to my elementary crappie education. So far I have read "Crappie Wisdom," by Infisherman & "Ultimate Crappie Tactics" by Samuel Calvin. In addition, I have 2 more books "Crappie Tactics" by Larry Larson and "The Masters' Secrets of Crappie Fishing by John Philips coming in the mail.

In terms of videos, I have "Crappie Tactics For Lakes & Reservoirs" by Infisherman, "Crappie Fishing Techniques" by Sam Heaton & "Crappie Fishing 101" by Earnest Pary.

What would be the next logical addition to my Crappie Fishing Library, either books or videos? Are there any obvious gaps in the material that I have gone over so far? What do I need to read or watch next?

TIA

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Good idea about the library. All we (county library) have is the Samuel Calvin book and the Bill Dance Video. I forgot to mention it earlier, but I've watched it. I found a Huffman book at "Crappiestuff" which I ordered & a video by Gromlovits. Both are on structure fishing.

I have also been getting SC Gamefish & Crappie World from Wal-mart. There is also an article in the Infisherman magazine this month I want to read.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tugaloo