Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: gps upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

Default gps upgrade

I just recently installed the upgrade from lowrance onto my 25c,found out that my antenea wasn't being recognized by the unit and put another one on and I cant beleive the difference,man this thing is comming on and finding itself almost immediately and the upgrade lowrance gives for free is amazeing,seems like my unit is clearer ,brighter,and shows arches better than it ever has,If any of yall have a lowrance unit ,I do advise checking out their site and see if your unit has an upgrade to download..It's like getting a new unit ..FREE,,,ss
    It is most fortunate for those in power that people don't think :::A.Hitler

Post Thanks / Like

It did a heck of a job on my 332 also.
    It's impressive when the unit finds satelites while in the garage. No lie either.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I was flabbergasted when I was downloading some maps on my Ifinder handheld in my living room when it found the satellite. cool

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

gambler6977 Guest

I have been working with a tech at Lowrance for about 2 weeks now trying to get my 332c updated correctly. Situation is....I bought the boat used and the previous owner had never updated the 332c. I learned about the updates while reading some 332c info on the Lowrance website. The unit was working on version 1.4.0 and I updated to Version 1.8.0. After installing the 1.8.0 update, I started getting a "GPS Module Not Responding" alert on the screen. First tech I talked to had me doing all kinds of voltage tests while I kept trying to explain that I had ONLY installed the V1.8.0 update.

Funny thing was, the closer it got to 5:00 pm...the more he kept trying to give me an RA# and telling me I had to send the unit in for repair.

The next day, I spoke with a tech named "Starr" and he advised me that I should have installed the update for the ANTENNA MODULE first, and THEN installed the V1.8.0 update for the 332c unit and that I would have probably had no problem at all. Now, I DO have to send my unit in, but the repair is FREE and they're going to give me a complete rework on the unit and replace my antenna cable and the "T" connector.

Long Story short....Check the list of upgrades on the Lowrance website and see if there is an upgrade available for the type of antenna module you are using...if so, install it BEFORE you do any updates. Secondly...if there are several version numbers between what your unit is operating on and what is available on the Lowrance website...contact their tech Support BEFORE you install the listed update to see if there are any that you need to install before the current update.

Good Luck !!!

Bill @ S.O.B. Lures

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd that

Yeop,best do the antenea first,I did mine and the dern thing wasn't recognizeing the antenea,bad modual,put a new one on and away we went ..man thats one fine unit I have here..Thanks lowrance,also next time you call lowrance ,ask for Craig if he's available,,============ss
    It is most fortunate for those in power that people don't think :::A.Hitler