Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Totes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Totes

I only get to fish off the docks at our condos, no boat at this time...

I usually take about 4-6 poles down with me - some to tight line for cats, some to cast, and some for crappie...

What i'm looking for is an easier way to carry them all down at once -

I'm sure SOMEONE on here has made a HOMEMADE tote of some sort that has worked out well - I've looked some at BPS and Cabelas - Cabelas has one with good reviews that will carry 8 - I might just go that route - but I really like seeing what you all create!!! :p

Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself a small red wagon like radio Flyer. add a few pieces of pvc around the sides that the rod handles will fit in also maybe a net. Then you can put any tackle that you want in the middle along with a soft cooler with drinks and a snack or two. When you go fishing just pull your wagon down to the dock. That's what Ken and I do up at Patoka. :D

Louie
    Last edited by wannabe fisherman; 01-14-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod carrier

yeah, i've thought of that too, but i have several stairs to go down from the condo to the dock...so I either need a tote or more of a dolly type rig...

I have a really nice fishing stool that was my grandpa's that I might modify, but would need to add wheels, it would be too heave loaded up with any gear...

Guess I'll have to get creative :p

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hey wannago ...

Quote Originally Posted by wannagofishin
    yeah, i've thought of that too, but i have several stairs to go down from the condo to the dock...so I either need a tote or more of a dolly type rig...
    I have a really nice fishing stool that was my grandpa's that I might modify, but would need to add wheels, it would be too heave loaded up with any gear...
    Guess I'll have to get creative :p
    My buddy got me one of these for Christmas, several years ago, and I use it quite often ... when carrying several poles to bank fish with, or when loading up the truck for a trip. It's set up for a max of 4 poles. The only downside to it, is it doesn't have anything to keep spinning reels from flopping around ... but a small bungie cord would take care of that !!
    If $30 is out of your price range ... maybe the picture will give you some ideas on how to make one

Rod Tote : http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...:referralID=NA

... cp