Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falls Saturday and Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Saturday and Sunday

Went early Sunday and found the fish deep and scattered with no good bite. Fish seemed slow but mid afternoon I had to leave em biting to attend a football party at the neighbors house. He dont know just how much of a sacrafice that was. LOL Saturday morning there was not much of a bite so I began searching the shore a bit and by noon and after they were biting closer to the spillway in about 15 foot right on the bottom. Fished a WobbleEye with Blk/Chart tube right above the bottom tiped w/ minnow. Sunday kept about 15 and Sat 19. The winter bite is getting better it seems but hard to tell for sure. Some nice fat fish both days. Wish the weather man could predict weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I took a drive over to 50 area on Sunday but could not get out of the truck because my daughter fell asleep.. How were the folks out in the boats doing? I watched one boat for a few minutes who was out infront of the ramp but I did not see any fish landed during that time (only watched a couple of minutes).

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that there were some boats doing well downriver from the ramp. I saw some go that way while fishing the point there. You just need to swing wide to stay in the channel to go down that way. You can see some of the tops of the sholes poked up above the water in front of the boat launch. Facing the water from the launch the river chanel goes almost parallel to the shore there in front of the boat launch not too far out. You need to go left out of there down just past the point on the left before turning down river and the channel then runs almost right up to the far shore(MM10) and along that shore and when it turns downriver it runs over to the right side just past the first branch coming in on your right. It was said that they did well down where the lake narrows. I suspect that they were fishing from there down to maybe MM9 somewhere. Worth a try. I always see some boats trying the channel right off the point there out in the middle where it turns but its too far to see what they are actually soing from shore. i do see them catching some fish though. Some guy was spider rigging out there this weekend.