Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fall river or toronto

Post Thanks / Like

Smile fall river or toronto

I live in OK but am interested in doing some spring crappie fishing at either fall river,Ladd bridge area or toronto lake. I need advice on which place would be best? when to go? techniques to use? where they spawn? sorry for all the questions at once. I also have some info on eufaula fishin if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Check With Crappiechatt He Is A Great Guide Down That Way And Can Hook Ya Up.
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

crop e man, I have fished Fall River Lake as well as Toronto. Both these lakes have trophy crappies in them. Largest to date, in my boat(last Aug.) 17in and weighed 2.80lbs(certified). Have caught several over 2.5lbs. & 2lb fish very common. They are small lakes with just about 2500 acres surface. Both lakes feeder rivers are fishable with ramps. Fall River lake has no standing timber but plenty of man-made brush-piles. Toronto has standing timber in the coves. These lakes rose to over 30ft high last June. Did not get back to normal until Aug. Both lakes are shallow with more 6ft water than 20ft. Have found only 1 map of Toronto, none for Fall River. When to go??? Have done real well at Fall River last Jan. 07 fishing the piles. Have made 1 trip to Toronto this winter and it sucked. Found out later they open the dam gates which turned the bite off. Haven't been back as it froze over. Other than the spawn(April & May) times, I would suggest a late July trip to Toronto. Those bigguns move into the trees and you can really target them,,,,,shallow!!!! I am a guide and would love to take you out to show you how to slam these biguns. KDWP nettings has produced some crappies well over 3lbs. Can't wait to hit them again. Had some of the MO. crappie.com guys come over last Sept. They will return this year with a 'crappie camp'. Lots of fun even if the are from MO. Need more info??? <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed your post chatt with the exception of the last line:p :p :p
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

bugman,,,,, WHAT You need more info :D :D :D Just funin' ya!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

thanks crappie chatt the trip sounds good .me and a friend would probably like to do that.send me your prices and more info either here or e-mail at mike.majestic @yahoo.com.we have two other trips planned. one is april 5 the other is may 10th.

Post Thanks / Like

crop e man, sent you a e-mail. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Chat,

Could you send that e-mail to me that you sent to crop e man, referencing prices etc. I have a mixed group of guys (3 from Kansas and 2 from MO) that have been talking about Toronto.

email to [email protected]

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good