Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville

fished the docks at smithville sat 1/12 caught two limits ( 10- 12 in) 12- 18 ft deep in 25 ft of water on blue/silver spoon .
    took bob (bwillaub) back out sun and caught 35 red white tubes, white tube and of course i had to killem on the spoon again ( damm i love spoons) all caught between 12- 18 ft over 25 ft of water.:D
    thanks for joining me bob it was fun !!

ed
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ED. thought you dropped off the face of the earth.. sounds like you caught a good mess of them crappie's.... these spoons you speak of I have a few but never did much with them is there a special way you work them or do you just dip them up and down...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man
    Hey ED. thought you dropped off the face of the earth.. sounds like you caught a good mess of them crappie's.... these spoons you speak of I have a few but never did much with them is there a special way you work them or do you just dip them up and down...?
    i tie the spoon (1/8 or smaller) on the bottom and 18 in, above that a tie a jig (curly tail) i dont really jig it , its more like a shake of the rod, they seem to hit it after it stops moving

:D at least thats what works for me . i use the kastermaster or sweedish pimple

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Baller, if I can make it to crappie camp would you show me how to work those spoons. I've just had practice with the one you put in your mouth and my wife says i've got that mastered.
    Fishing is always good. Catching is sometimes bad

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's Baller.. I will give it a shot.next time out..hey Nitro I got that spoon thing down like you do and I need to forget how to do that so often

Post Thanks / Like

So Baller - you tie the spoon to the bottom and a curly tail 18" up - do you tie the curly tail jig with a leader - or just tie it on with extra line out to tie to spoon on the bottom...

Also, are they hitting the spoon or the curly tail?

Sorry - have never tried fishing with a spoon - have always been road runners, slab busters, and minnows!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro
    Hey Baller, if I can make it to crappie camp would you show me how to work those spoons. I've just had practice with the one you put in your mouth and my wife says i've got that mastered.
    :D :D lmao. ok i'll show ya HOW to spoon !!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I had a great time, Ed. We gotta do it again soon. Those spoons are the ticket. I'm ordering me a bunch today. Here is a pic of the 36 we caught Sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannagofishin
    So Baller - you tie the spoon to the bottom and a curly tail 18" up - do you tie the curly tail jig with a leader - or just tie it on with extra line out to tie to spoon on the bottom...

Also, are they hitting the spoon or the curly tail?

Sorry - have never tried fishing with a spoon - have always been road runners, slab busters, and minnows!
    tie the jig on first then i tie the spoon on .
    it depends sometime the spoon otheres hit the jig, i have caught doubles before which makes it fun using 2lbs test !!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Any particular spoon you use - color/size...???

I'm anxious to give this a shot - anything different to try is always fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast