Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: schools

Post Thanks / Like

Default schools

im 15 and love crappie fishing but i can only go about once a week because i dont have my lisence to tow my boat to the lake...i have ponds around my house and a 11 foot jon boat...the bad thing is that the ponds arnt stocked with crappie so i go for bluegill.........and today i was anchored by one of my home made condos when i sall newly hatched bluegills and they were staying in a school every where they whent....so i was woundering when these bluegills get bigger in a couple years do they still stay in schools, or do they start doing thier own thing....?
    :D CRACKER :D

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take doing there own thing for 100 alex, do you have polarized glass's? if not get some, when you go buy a weedbed go slow and have a look threw and around the weedbeds. YOu should see all the largest bluegill hunting underthere, you will see little ones in big and little schools but when they are that size there is much safty in numbers. I see little bluegill schools all over the place at boatramps and shallow fishing for bass or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I have actually seen bigger gills school together even when they are not spawning, so I would say some still stay in schools.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it depends on the weather or waterbody? If only this was a bluegil forum. Okkechobee what county do you live in? Its hard to believe theres no decent crappie lakes nearby. They don't have to be stocked to be good unless they are heavily fished. You should contact your local parks people, ask about speckled perch it may help. I may be wrong i just thought that there were good lakes all over florida. Seems that way to me anyway.