Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you store your rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you store your rods?

I dont have the luxury of keeping my rods in the boat. I store them in the garage leaning against the wall. My old garage didnt have finished walls so they leaned between the wall studs and seamed out of the way. Now with finished walls I always have to catch them from slideing and hitting the floor. I dont have room to hang them horizonally on wall shelves or anything. I need them to stand up along the wall. What do you folks do?

Post Thanks / Like

Berkley makes some nice, inexpensive, vertical rod holders - http://allwatersfishing.com/product_...oducts_id=8284. Our Walmart usually has them but any good tackle shop should be able to order them if they don't keep them in stock.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor uses cup hangers and hangs the rod by the tip eye. Cheap and easy.

I use those berkley plastic rod holders and set the butt end of the rod on the floor. With reels on the rod the Berkley holders dont work all that well because the spacing is too close.

I think my neighbors idea is better.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=EarlG]My neighbor uses cup hangers and hangs the rod by the tip eye. Cheap and easy.

I hang mine the same way, only the hooks are lower and I use the second or third eyelet. I hang by the eyelet brace and not thru the eyelet itself, might cause scratching and snag the line.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default check this link out

We had some posts on this eariler. Good ideas on this link below.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...light=overhead
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

looks like hanging them by the eyes would loosen your eyes on your rods with all that weight pulling on the tip eye.
    build you some cheap one by cutting notches in a board.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Cane Pole. I didnt think about hanging from ceiling. I was looking at the walls.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to wally world and bought up a bunch of the psring loaded broom and mop clamps. They are on a slide and moveable. just screw to wall, sit rod handle on floor and put rod into clamp..If all your rods have straight round handles you can even stack them and place handles in clamps and then put rod in clamp I store anywhere between 20 and 25 rods in my utility room this way. Only problem I have had has been wife putting stuff in front of them.
    Gone Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

i hang mine on finish nails in the fishing room on the wall. they hang by the brace on the eye
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of the hardwood revolvin rod stands from cabela's. so nice lookin, I keep them in the living room.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast