Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any one plan thier trips around fishing tables

Post Thanks / Like

Default any one plan thier trips around fishing tables

I'm not sure why, but I've never paid that much attention solunar charts. But last night stumbled across one it said today was the worst day of the month. I went to the tenn/ky high school football allstar game,but My fishing partner went fishing on our home lake where we have caught limits every weekend. and the day was calm and beautiful. Read fish on all our structure caught 1 all day. Is it true.

Post Thanks / Like

If I want to go fishing, I go. But if I'm planning a trip and it doesn't matter if I shift the date a week one way or the other, I'll do it on the full moon, but not by any tables or whatever. When I do look at the full moon, I try to fish the 2-3 days before and after the full moon.
    The bite may be slower, but the fish have to eat one way or another.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to base all my fishing trips on the Old Farmers Almanac or Greers Almanac. Got away from fishing for a while and when I started back the Almanac weren't available where I lived so I got away from it. Pretty helpful..not saying guaranteed but good info. Now I rely on my Grandaddy's thoughts. Kinda simple...wind blowing from east fishing the least. wind from the west fishing the best. If the cows are up walking around the fish will be biting. If they are laying around don't bother to go.:D
    Gone Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I think more so than not so.... from my experience... I check the bar. and the fish forecast on my electronics a few times during a fishing trip it is close most of the times.....now having said that..I have gone in a east wind.cow's laying down,bar.falling.and water dropping and caught the heck out of fish...go figure...

Post Thanks / Like

I keep an eye on it but I don't let it influence my decision to go or not. If I get a chance to go fishin'...I go.
    Hey...jerk...your bobber's under!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Best to go 3 days before and 3 days after full and new moons. Even better is to go when ever you can.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan my trips on a table alright...THE DINNER TABLE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdriver
    I used to base all my fishing trips on the Old Farmers Almanac or Greers Almanac. Got away from fishing for a while and when I started back the Almanac weren't available where I lived so I got away from it. Pretty helpful..not saying guaranteed but good info. Now I rely on my Grandaddy's thoughts. Kinda simple...wind blowing from east fishing the least. wind from the west fishing the best. If the cows are up walking around the fish will be biting. If they are laying around don't bother to go.:D
    You can take this to the bank! This holds true here in NC. When I am fishing and not doing so good I call home to see what the cows are doing. If they are laying down, you best give up. This is true 100% of the time. If the wind is coming out of the east in any form, NE , SE , SSE, NNE THe fishing is the worst. Grandpa was always RIGHT.

Post Thanks / Like

A good fisherman is always aware of his surroundings. It will tell you alot about what is going on. You just have to listen and pay attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Harley

My dad always told me that the best time to fish was when you could go. Anyday fishing is better than a day at work! {unless you are a beer taster} :p
    GOOD FISHING, Terry.
    Terry Whaley
    www. weisslakeguide.com
    EGO NETS SOUTHERN PRO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast