Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article in Crappie magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Article in Crappie magazine

Anyone read the article about the family of 4 that caught and I believe kept 205 Crappie one day in Oregon? The Article said it was 25 Lbs worth of fish after being fillet. I wonder what the limit was there because 205 fish for 4 people.....is alot. Sounded like good family fun, hope tomorrow is the same for my family.

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Iowa there is no size limit or possesion limit for crappies or bluegill.Talk about a debate that'll get you fired up.I get into everytime I talk to a biologist about it.Their reply is its not needed.Funny i tell them that every state surrounding Iowa has a size and possesion limits.Then I make the comment all those biologist must be screwed up.That really wasnt alot of fillets for 205 crappies.PJ

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That would only be 5 over our 4 man possesion limit here in PA. And that had to be a lot of small fish to only get 25 pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Full Live Well

It went on to mention that they HAD TO LEAVE, because the livewell was full!! Maybe they never heard of catch and RELEASE.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read that article myself, I wouldn't want to clean that many at one time!

Post Thanks / Like

I just have a problem with'em doing away with Steve McAdams' page. He always had a must-read article.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i am with you on that Countryboy N.C.. to menny fish to clen.
    you can tell the ones that keep the small ones usealey they will tell you they have a fish scaler and it doesen`t take that long to clean them . :D
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Indiana we have a limit of 25 per person no size limit. If the live well was full you would think the fished died from lack of ox. before they got out of the water.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default I read.............

the article last night after picking up the Crappie World magazine. Limits or not, the only thing i would be concerned with was the quote saying that they found the mother lode. Catching that many crappie in one sweet spot probably will degrade the fishing there for the future. I dont know anything about the lake, it may be choked with crappie, but i would have had a tendency to leave some for another day.

Just my .02

chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....... that is alot of fish to clean.We have a 50 panfish limit on most of our waters here in PA with no size limit and I would like to see that changed.I know some of our small lakes have been rocked when word got out that they had good populations of Crappie and people took them by the bucket loads,day after day with no regards to size or the lakes future.We do have a few lakes that have special Panfish regulations(20 fish/9 inch) and it seems to be working.I love to keep and eat Crappie,but I think you have to be selective and use some common sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast