Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pflueger Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pflueger Reels

Shakespeare (parent company of Pflueger) recently sent me a number of reels to use in my guide service. I used to be satisfied with really inexpensive reels but I can already tell I'm going to get accustomed to having good quality reels real quick. I've never used reels with Titanium coated spool lips or line rollers before.

I put 6725x Presidents - http://www.pfluegerfishing.com/produ...ducts.php?p=12 and a 6025x Medalist - http://www.pfluegerfishing.com/produ...ducts.php?p=10 - on my 10' Crappie Wizards for slip-float fishing and they matched up very well.

I also put the 6025x Medalists on my 6'6" Light Action Ugly Sticks for casting and jigging spoons so I'll be giving them a workout next time we run into some stripers breaking - maybe in the morning.

I'm also going to try their 4520GX Trion Micros - http://www.pfluegerfishing.com/produ...ducts.php?p=15 - on my 11-foot Ultra-Lites for vertical jigging and I think they'll match up really well.

We'll have a variety of Pflueger reels and BnM poles for folks to try out at Crappie Camp.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry how do you get the b-n-m logo on your screen i,m a new pro staffer i would like to have it?
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Briggs
    Jerry how do you get the b-n-m logo on your screen i,m a new pro staffer i would like to have it?
    Hey Joey:

Send me an email - [email protected] - and I'll send you what you need to put in your signature for the logo. I tried to make it smaller but when I do it gets a white background, which doesn't look very good on the blue background on crappie.com.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

how much smaller do you want it?

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry -
    I been using the medalist 6030 reels for flounder and speck trout for about 3 years now - before I was using Penn SS for saltwater for many years - Penn is very depedable and you can get parts and lots of folks work on them - but the Pfleuger is so much smoother and cast so much better I now own 4 of them - I picked up a Shimano Stella and felt the reel action compared to the Pfleuger medalist and I swear I could not feel any difference other than the nervousness of being afraid I would drop the Shimano as it cost over $500 with tax for a spinning reel - the Pfleuger is about $86.00 with tax - I just picked up one on Ebay for $31.00 - just did not have the box and extra spool but it is new it was on a display is what I was told - any way I have been using cheaper reels on my crappie outfits but I am going with Pfleuger on all my rods as I replace them when I can afford same as well - Pfleuger also has a Trion that sells for $29.99 for the smaller reel - have not tried them yet - I ask Santa for one but got another medalist - guess I was a better boy than I thought
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The only difference between the medalist and the president is the medalist is made for fresh or saltwater - the president is a freshwater reel
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

overall i find them to be excellent reels, almost all my reels are either pfluegars or okumas

Post Thanks / Like

I have six of the Presidents all on my ultralights. I love those reels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john h
    how much smaller do you want it?
    About half the size would be good.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    The only difference between the medalist and the president is the medalist is made for fresh or saltwater - the president is a freshwater reel
    I like the handle a bit better on the Medalist because it is flat on each side which just feels better to me and being plastic it will probably hold up better than wood. The Barrel type Rosewood handles on the Presidents and Trions look really nice - I'm hoping they will hold up OK being out in the weather every day.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast