Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best rod/reel setup for shooting docks

smalljawkilla Guest

Default Best rod/reel setup for shooting docks

What do you guy reccomend? is the BnM Sharpshooter rod worth buying?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do a lot of dock shooting, I usually skip the tube under the dock,but when I shoot I use a 5ft.light action rod,and 4lb test line. works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the 5 1/2ft. SharpShooter. BnM also makes a small spinning reel that works well with it and its not expensive. Best jig for shooting is a Stinger!!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

BnM sharpshooter is the best I have found for shooting docks, and that is 99% of my crappie catching. It is definitely worth buying, and B NM's service is the best. I prefer one of the shimano spinning reels, 750 or 1000 series. Get the best one you can afford. You won't be disappointed. Good line is important too.

Post Thanks / Like

Try www.sliderfishing.com for rods and some great baits that are made in America. I just bought a 4'7" rod there that i'm going to try. The sharpshooter seems to be a good one also. I have not tried it but i hear and read that it is good. It has a good price too ($30).
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

Default dock shooting

I use a 6 ft. Wally Marshall Signature series rod I bought a few years ago. I broke the tip on it and it actually shoots better being alittle shorter. The limberness of the tip and the backbone, the way it loads u pis perfect. But lately I've been vertically jigging with a 8' Mightylite rod from Bass Pro and found that I can really sling a jig with that rod ten times better than the other when i have the room. I shorter rod is good for tighter places though. Try a long rod sometime when you get room, it works good !

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Berkley Cherrywood rod. it is the smallest size they make. I think it is 4 and 1/2 feet long. I like it a little better than the sharpshooter. i have four of those for fishing under low bridges. The sharpshooters work great too. I just prefer the cherrywood. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion