Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New faster server coming Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New faster server coming Monday.

I've got a new server coming Monday. It's going to be 3 times faster. You can thank the sponsors of Crappie.com (see the links at the very top of the page) for making the new server possible.

It'll take about a week to implement it.

I just got a new job too. I now sell BMW cars at Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff Illinois. If anyone needs a bimmer, just let me know.

Just to expalin my passions, here's a little background about where I'm coming from.

I worked at a Volvo Shop as a mechanic for a couple summers as an apprentice mechanic. My uncle was the Service Manager and I had many cousins that worked there as mechanics. I then repaired my own Volvos for the next 20 years. I drove the 240 box Volvo, probably about a dozen of them, and repaired and sold some to friends, who continued to drive them for many years. Great cars that ran forever. Just ugly and slow! Then I happened across BMW and fell in love. I now own 4, one with 210k miles, another with 160k miles, another with 120k miles, and another with 80k miles. The newest one is 6 years old, and the oldest is 15. I repair them myself.

Anyway, I worked in the computer field for 25 years and got downsized, so my little passion for bimmers finally landed me a job at what seems to be a very nice dealership. The other sales people have all been there for many years, and their customers seem to be coming back for their 3rd and 4th bimmers. It's not a high pressure sales dealership, they work relationships. So far I really like it.

So, I enjoy, fishing, hunting and cars; and I know how to work a computer, server, and air tools! Now you know me!

I have two big websites, maybe two and a half; www.bimmer.info and www.crappie.com consume the most resources on my server.

I also own www.salmonoid.com, and advertise for many charter boat captains on Lake Michigan.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it! Bottom line, new, faster server coming soon, prolly by the end of next week. Just thought I'd give you all an update.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default quivering

My typing fingers are quivering with anticipation ed. Great to hear about the new job. At least with this job, you know they can't outsource it to India (I hope). Thanks again for such a great site. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the Crappie.com picture contest for my t-shirts. My server and job kinda got in the way. I have not forgotten about it. I still have all the entries. And I will place a poll online once I get some time and organize all the entrants.

Thank you for your patience.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Now all I need is a better laptop and I'll be opening crappie pictures faster then a big slab can tangle up my spider lines.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up sounds good Ed ....

but, will the new job stop you from coming down to the Spring Fling ? (or will it make it easier for you to afford it ...LOL!! In either case - congrads on the job ... !! ........ luck2ya buddy, cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default congrads

I am glad to hear about the new job and the server. Thanks for all the great help on this site. Good luck with the job. Can not wait to give the new server a try.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ed:

Congratulations on landing the new job. With your personality and skills I am sure that you will do well there and be happy. Selling BMW's should be a good sales job.

I dated a nice looking girl back one summer and her mother worked in realistate. Her mom bought this used BMW. The story was told that at one time there was a murder and the body was stashed in the truck of that BMW long before her mom bought the car. Well that is what I heard anyway from my girlfriend.

An one of my former bosses finally got her White BMW, used but still ran good.

Those cars are coveted by a lot of people so you should have no problem selling them a BMW.

I look forward to the new Server being installed. Congratulations on getting the sponsors to help with that purchase. I think that is money well spent. Crappie.com continues to grow under your leadership.

Salute!

Hope you still have some time to chat with us though.
    Maybe you can use the computers at the car dealership to stay in touch with the guys here.

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    I've got a new server coming Monday. It's going to be 3 times faster. You can thank the sponsors of Crappie.com (see the links at the very top of the page) for making the new server possible.

It'll take about a week to implement it.

I just got a new job too. I now sell BMW cars at Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff Illinois. If anyone needs a bimmer, just let me know.

Just to expalin my passions, here's a little background about where I'm coming from.

I worked at a Volvo Shop as a mechanic for a couple summers as an apprentice mechanic. My uncle was the Service Manager and I had many cousins that worked there as mechanics. I then repaired my own Volvos for the next 20 years. I drove the 240 box Volvo, probably about a dozen of them, and repaired and sold some to friends, who continued to drive them for many years. Great cars that ran forever. Just ugly and slow! Then I happened across BMW and fell in love. I now own 4, one with 210k miles, another with 160k miles, another with 120k miles, and another with 80k miles. The newest one is 6 years old, and the oldest is 15. I repair them myself.

Anyway, I worked in the computer field for 25 years and got downsized, so my little passion for bimmers finally landed me a job at what seems to be a very nice dealership. The other sales people have all been there for many years, and their customers seem to be coming back for their 3rd and 4th bimmers. It's not a high pressure sales dealership, they work relationships. So far I really like it.

So, I enjoy, fishing, hunting and cars; and I know how to work a computer, server, and air tools! Now you know me!

I have two big websites, maybe two and a half; www.bimmer.info and www.crappie.com consume the most resources on my server.

I also own www.salmonoid.com, and advertise for many charter boat captains on Lake Michigan.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it! Bottom line, new, faster server coming soon, prolly by the end of next week. Just thought I'd give you all an update.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new job Ed! Hope you sell a dozen a day!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

As far as going to the Spring Fling, I'll have to play it by ear. Since I'm new, and not really selling many cars now, I'm not sure which way it would go. I guess I'll just have to see.

Thanks all for all your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    but, will the new job stop you from coming down to the Spring Fling ? (or will it make it easier for you to afford it ...LOL!! In either case - congrads on the job ... !! ........ luck2ya buddy, cp
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful, I hope everyone supports the sponsers so the site can stay free. My son has an older BMW that I love to druve when I can get it away from him. Hope the new job goes well.