Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How do they do this?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do they do this?

http://www.calcuttafishing.com/suppo...duct/lures.pdf
    Page down about half way through them all and on the right had side you will come to a jig called Fluff-E-Bugg. I have had a lot of success with these jigs and have been trying to figure out how they get the rubber type material on them. I tried cutting some plastic worms and gluing them on without much success. Are they molded on after tying the jig? Or is this one of those trade secret things?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

fishhunter775 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

They are molded into the grub.Another maker of it is by Lindy Little Joe called a fuzz e grub.They are great baits for walleye and smaller sizes do great on crappie and panfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    http://www.calcuttafishing.com/suppo...duct/lures.pdf
    Page down about half way through them all and on the right had side you will come to a jig called Fluff-E-Bugg. I have had a lot of success with these jigs and have been trying to figure out how they get the rubber type material on them. I tried cutting some plastic worms and gluing them on without much success. Are they molded on after tying the jig? Or is this one of those trade secret things?
    You tie on the marabou and the flash and then place it all in another mold and shoot the plastic around it. It is the same way I make my Chet Flys. It is also the same way they make the hal-fly/sun-fly/jiffy jig and so on I'm sure. It is a little aggravating but you can make some awesome looking jigs using this method...my .02....GF

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. I had a feeling that was the way it was done.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a picture of a Fluff-E-Bugg for those who haven't heard the term.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.