Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on Injured Son

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Injured Son

OK now for other things…. Randy went to St. Louis Monday for a doctor visit (with a doctor that is very good at nerve graphs) to see about a nerve graph on his left foot and we got some really good news about his what they call "foot drop" (he can’t move his left foot and uses a brace to keep his foot up when walking). The doctor he went to see told him that his problem is not the nerve and sent him to another doctor which told him that they would need to do a “Bridal Procedure” which as I understand it is a surgery involving moving some tendons and mussels. They say the recovery time from this is about 8 months. So while it is great news it is still a going to take a lot of work to recover. He was going to see a couple of other doctors, one about his buttocks and one about the back side of his right knee, but this trip he ran out of time so maybe later he will see someone about that stuff.

He has also got some great news about his future in the military, but I really can’t go into that. I can tell you that things are looking up about his medical and military future. He is respected by his superiors a great deal or he and his family would never have been able to be where they are and by this I mean with his rank being what it is people just don’t get the opportunity to even be on that base he is at now.

He and 4 or 5 other wounded soldiers got to go on a hunting trip in December and they all got gifts from the SCI members there including a handmade knife with their names on it as well as a bunch of other cool stuff. They were wanted to buy them a gun, but that got too involved with laws about buying someone else a gun. Anyway they each were allowed to take 2 bucks and Randy got an Axis Buck and a Fallow Deer. Not only that but they had the people at the ranch take care of their processing and they are even going to mount the deer or whatever they got.

He is starting to work out again as well as ride the bike he was given (really high dollar nice bike). Things are really looking up. He was on so much drugs and while not easy to stop taking them that is exactly what he has done and right now is off all his pain meds. Thank God!

I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers and it does seem to be helping a great deal. More good news to come I hope and we are not sure when he will have the surgery, but he didn’t want in before his son’s birthday which is coming up soon.

Thanks again,
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

God Bless!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like great news for you
    Keep looking up!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man Skip, that is just wonderful news.

Your son has proven himself quite the soldier over and over and continuingly over again.

He has my utmost respect and thanks
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Praise GOD! Thank you so much for the update Skip. Please tell Randy that he is still in our prayers. GOD bless this American Hero.

Post Thanks / Like

There is something bout the name Randy..They never seem to give up whatever the cause or task. I am proud and honored by your son and his sacrifice he has made for my freedom. He is at the top of my prayer list for strength during his days ahead.
    Gone Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,
    Thanks for the up date on Randy. "PTL"

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

God Bless him Skip! I do wonder about him often and how he is doing.

BamaFan
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

thats good news skip good luck

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

does he go to va or military hos.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast