Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Turtle Creek (aka Merom) Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turtle Creek (aka Merom) Crappie?

Has anyone been crappie fishing on Turtle Creek Res. lately? Are there any crappie of any size in the lake? I know it's a power gen lake, and has warm water durring the winter.

Any current information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

I was down there early last spring and all of the fishing was down per the guy at the ramp entrance. He said that they had started stocking bass as they were not reproducing very well any more and he had not had many crappie caught per the results on his log book. I was over at Newton lake (another power generating lake across the border in Ill) Saturday and we caught about 30 largemouths even though the water was very muddy. The write up on the lake says that it also has a good population of black crappie and a few walleyes too! It does have a 25 hp motor limit. I see your posts on Indiana Walleye so you might want to try for those toothy critters!

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

help i cant get on in. walleye ??
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

billbob, I go to "indianawalleye.com/forum/index.php" to read the posts. I am not sure whether you have to have a login to get to that page or not(it automatically logs me in from my e-mail address). I think that just putting in "indianawalleye.com" should get you to the home page and it should direct you to a new member page or you may just have to click on the message board link.

Post Thanks / Like

Billbob,

PM me with your user name on indianawalleye.com and I'll talk to one of the mods and see if we can figure out what is wrong. I looked at the member list and didn't see a "billbob", and am assuming that you have been on there before? If not, you will need to register. If you are having problems registering, let me know the specifics and we will see what we can do to help.

Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN