Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-species on Greeson in Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Multi-species on Greeson in Arkansas

Both Jerry's and my boat had a good day on the water today. Due to unseasonably warm weather we've had the past few days the water has warmed up from 45 to 50. The weather has been heavily overcast with light rain and mist. The wind has been nearly intolerable in my opinion. But, the fishing has been great. Ample number of large crappie (many tipping the scale at or near 2 pounds) have been boated and we've even thinned out the preditors who threaten crappie. These stripers top the scales at 11 and 12 pounds. They don't eat anywhere near as good as crappie but they are great fun to catch.

Here's pics of both our catches today:

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I see some strain on that poor guys face holding the stripers! I'll bet they were indeed fun on the end of the hook.
    And the crappie..nice stringer of them too. Some of em look FAT!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Great catches guys!!!!!
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!!
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch Darryl !! Love those big Crappie
    I would fight the wind to catch them!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anchorpuller
    I see some strain on that poor guys face holding the stripers! I'll bet they were indeed fun on the end of the hook.
    And the crappie..nice stringer of them too. Some of em look FAT!
    FAT, oh yeah, pregnant or storing it up. Both the males and the females are putting on roe and milt at a record pace. Not only that, all the crappie we've been catching are really healthy. Their fillets across the shoulders are thick and there's ample amount of belly meat. It would be great if you'd have been here and just as good if you can visit in the future. Bring the kids and we'll make a day of it. You know, they'll probably out-catch all of us in my boat, lol. Kid's always do.
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 01-08-2008 at 06:36 AM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Don't ya love days like that. I'm jealous.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Darryl:

Thanks for putting us on those stripers today. We were about 6-miles away catching some nice crappie when Darryl called and said he had found some breaking stripers. The guys fishing with me had mentioned that they wanted to catch a striper while they are here from Tacoma, WA (fishing with me for 5-days) so we headed up the lake at WOT. By the time we got there the action had slowed and we only saw a few single fish roll here and there so we trolled the area for about 30-minutes without getting a bite.

When some birds started working the surface a couple hundred yards away we pulled in our trolling lines and headed that way. There were a few good sized stripers just barely boiling the surface but I gave each of my clients a 6' Light Action Ugly stick with a 1/4-ounce Kastmaster Spoon and one of them hung the biggest striper on his first cast. It was almost 13-pounds and with just 8-pound line it took us a little while to run it down. His buddy caught the other two stripers and they both commented on how hard the fish fought and how much fun they are to catch on light tackle. I hope they enjoy eating them too.

I guess we'll be back in the same area sometime tomorrow morning, weather permitting. We ARE going to check the crappie bite FIRST though. Eight of the crappie we caught this morning were 15 to 16-inchers and most came on jigs. It's real hard for me to leave crappie like that biting to go chase stripers!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I love crappies too, but I'd chase those stripers as well. Fun to get muscle fish on light gear.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm. I remember a trip I took about a year ago, catching so many strippers Jerry and Darryl were yelling at me to stop catching them cause there was not more room in the live well. I'll post a pic.

Last edited by Slab; 01-08-2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast