Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anbody else done this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anbody else done this?

Finally got the Christmas stuff stored away today. Ran across several different colors of tinsel and the old light bulb went off. Why not try some in place of flashabou/Krystal flash. I found blue, red, silver, gold and gold prism. Has anyone else ever tried it? how did it work out?
    Hey...jerk...your bobber's under!!!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried it. The Christmas tinsel was not very strong and tears too easily.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried that , but I was standing in line at the post office last week. The lady in front of me had on a beautiful long hair fur collar . The bells went off then . I had to smack myself to keep from clipping off some of her collar. :p

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I haven't tried that , but I was standing in line at the post office last week. The lady in front of me had on a beautiful long hair fur collar . The bells went off then . I had to smack myself to keep from clipping off some of her collar. :p
    That is a good one Norm. However, keep your eyes open at craft shows and flea markets. If you have a taxidermy shop in your area, introduce yourself and ask for different tails at a minimal cost to you.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

i buy some of the Christmas tinsel that is in very small strips with 4-5 different colors and use it for the ribbing on my Rangley style streamers and anything else that calls for a tinsel body. Granted i tie more flies than jigs but its a great cheap alternative and different colors.
    Lot of alternative things to buy..like guinea feathers that are colored from Michaels or Hobby Lobby to use them for collars, wings etc, guinea wing feathers for wings and tails, turkey feathers dyed all differnet colors and turkey flats, and i have found a lot of badger hackle at the hobby shops cheat also.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of tiers buy furs at the Goodwill store. Let your imagination run wild and you'll come up with some cool jigs. Think about it, the guy who made the first jig was going out on a limb and using what he had. I make all kinds of weird jigs and they catch fish (isn't that what they're for?).

Troll the $$$ Stores and you will get some deals on tying stuff. :D
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg