Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: help comparing Wally M rods to BnM

Post Thanks / Like

Default help comparing Wally M rods to BnM

I was at BPS today and they didnt have any of the Bnm bucks graphite jig poles in. They did have some of Wally Marshalls signature series rods and surprising they were quite lite and sensitive. I always remeber the Bnm graphite jig poles to be slightly more sensitive then the wally rods. Can anyone who has used the wally signature series rods and the buck graphite jig pole tell me which ones are most sensitive, and any other suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I purchased one of each a couple of weeks ago. Both are twelve foot poles. It makes it kinda hard to get fish in with one foot of line out with a jig but I like twelve foot poles for some reason. I have always used Bucks B&M poles. This WM poles seems to be slightly more sensitive. So, I don't know if is worth the 15 extra dollars more to purchase it over the Bucks. And the reason I said that is , here before long, I don't care what your fishing with,when the fish are on the bed,your going to catch fish and alot of them. I also use ten pound spiderwire line two pound diameter with a 1/32 jig.
    If your busting the brush, I guess a shorter pole would be better. I do not know, I'm learning from these fellows and their tactics have helped me to catch more fish. :D

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get both of em

I like them both. Also might want to check on Richard Williams poles. I got one of them too (thanks to Fatboy). I like it too. WM is 8ft, RW is 7.5ft, BnM are: 10, 11, 12 footers. Got a garage full of BnM's. You can get replacement tips for BnM and RW poles, don't know about WM poles (ain't broke it yet). I know Richard has replacements cuz I seen em. I know BnM has replacements cuz I have bought em. lol

I don't think u can go wrong either way..My 2 peas worth.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

What are you mainly going to be using them for?

Post Thanks / Like

I have W/M, B&M and Richard Williams Rods, When I buy another rod it will be a Williams
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Been using the 12' Wally Marshall rods about 7 years now and we like them a lot. I like their sensitivity. And to say these poles have taken some abuse is an understatement.

KScrappie1
    Team Keelshield

Post Thanks / Like

Default tube

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    I was at BPS today and they didnt have any of the Bnm bucks graphite jig poles in. They did have some of Wally Marshalls signature series rods and surprising they were quite lite and sensitive. I always remeber the Bnm graphite jig poles to be slightly more sensitive then the wally rods. Can anyone who has used the wally signature series rods and the buck graphite jig pole tell me which ones are most sensitive, and any other suggestions

I own a BnM 12' Sam Heaton Super Sensitve and really think it's the cat meow. I have broke tip's on them a few times though. Never fished a Bucks but, if it's a BnM product you can't go wrong. I own a 9' Wally Marshall Signature series. What I can tell you is that the Marshall rod is a more Durable rod than BnM. My favorite crappie pole at the moment is a 10'.6" Browning Noodle rod in the 6 rivers series. Sometimes it takes some time to get use to a rod. This Browning rod just felt so Natural from the first time I picked it up. If you ever get a chance. Check one out
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.