Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Called B/M poles today on (2) broken tips, NO HELP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Called B/M poles today on (2) broken tips, NO HELP.

Me and a friend bought 2 of the 11 ft. "Ultra lites", both broke tips in almost the same spot, poles were taken care of / not abused in ANY WAY!!! The lady at B/M told me the poles "couldn't handle lifting up ANY fish using this pole because of the tip breaking" If the poles can't handle ANY stress then why are the poles being made / sold?? It's not like we were picking up a 40 lb. shark. She told me to package up my broke section, send it in (pay postage and mess with finding a rod tube to ship in) and send it off to B/M to check for defective tip. Yeah right. NO more B/M poles for me or my buddies, we went with the sam Heatons this time. I know their are probably several B/M fans on here that have never had any problems with their poles, and i also know that some of you are going to say i am bashing B/M co. Oh well, "that's my story and i'm stickin' to it" Flame suit on, flame away.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Ditto.....

Same problem , If you contact Patrick Vowell on this site , he owns a fishing equip. company and was going to help me with some replacement tips.If I'm not mistaken they sell the top portion of the rod for like $10-12.I haven't bought any more either but I sure liked that rod before it broke.Post how you like the Sam Heatons.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Big E
    I will agree with you on the B & M Poles I like them but I probley have broke at least 6 of them but I bought them at Academy Sports and every one I have taken back they just till me to go back to the back and get anotherone. If my warrenty ever run's out on those things I am going to change.

mikeg

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

my 12' b&m broke about 2 eyes from the tip. I cut and fixed it. Broke again in another spot. I took a ultralite rod with a bad cork handle and cut it off at the same size rod of the b&m break. Slid it in and used old JB Weld. The pole is 13' now and very sensitive plus I can lift any crappie to the boat.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

That's ingenuity smitty.Mine broke really close to the second eye (above it) and I just shortened it to the second rod eye and now have a 11' 4" rod.But to be honest I dont use it any more as I dont trust it to get the job done if the big one ever comes.I have been using the cane pole style 12'ers without the reels and have had a lot of success with them.I'm limited on depth but I keep them at rod length and fish about 10' down.This lends itself well to night stalking as the edge of the light is sometimes the place to have your bait.

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Sam Heaton, E, you saw it at the HR social. Broke the tip on it about 8 or 10 inches from the joint. Don't know exactly how it happened, tried to be very careful with it. New tip cost $20 + 8.50 shipping. OUCH. Will be VERY, VERY careful now. Does BPS have any kind of guarentee on rods? Just bought it in Nov. Tried to patch it with section of broken fly rod. Wasn't happy with it so I went ahead & ordered new tip. Rango says Ugly Sticks hold up better, might try one of them next. PS: Lum, Sam Heatons are made by B 'n' M too.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

Default B'n'M

Lum, Sam Heaton's are made by B'n'M Poles. You didn't go wrong with getting the Sam Heaton's, as I've heard nothing but great things about them. They are great poles and don't break as easy as the Ultra-Lites. I've never used the Ultra'lites before, but they had just came out with New reinforced tip sections and shouldn't break. I wonder if most poles that breaks at the tip are the Ultra-Lites? I have the Graphite Jig Poles and the Trolling Rods and they've been holding up for me really well. Try e-mailing Jack or [email protected], and explain to them what happened to your Ultra-lites. B'n'M has a reputation of great customer service, so maybe these guys can help. Good Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman
    I really like the Sam Heaton, E, you saw it at the HR social. Broke the tip on it about 8 or 10 inches from the joint. Don't know exactly how it happened, tried to be very careful with it. New tip cost $20 + 8.50 shipping. OUCH. Will be VERY, VERY careful now. Does BPS have any kind of guarentee on rods? Just bought it in Nov. Tried to patch it with section of broken fly rod. Wasn't happy with it so I went ahead & ordered new tip. Rango says Ugly Sticks hold up better, might try one of them next. PS: Lum, Sam Heatons are made by B 'n' M too.
    You had me right up yill it broke 8" from the tip and I was very careful. I haven't broke the tip on one of my cane pole style rods yet and they are super sensitive.I guess because they retract telescopically the tip is more protected.If I saw a rush on fish being caught with the reeled 12'ers I might reconsider using the one I still have , but it hasn't been trusted since it broke.Hey Hawk , good luck on wylie this weekend , you deffinately got the right guide.Ya'll have fun , and if you see the toon swing by and say hey.

whiplash Guest

Default B & M ultra lites

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    You had me right up yill it broke 8" from the tip and I was very careful. I haven't broke the tip on one of my cane pole style rods yet and they are super sensitive.I guess because they retract telescopically the tip is more protected.If I saw a rush on fish being caught with the reeled 12'ers I might reconsider using the one I still have , but it hasn't been trusted since it broke.Hey Hawk , good luck on wylie this weekend , you deffinately got the right guide.Ya'll have fun , and if you see the toon swing by and say hey.
    I have a 12' UL that has landed dozens of big specks here in florida.----never do pick them up with pole,use net but it has wore out many a big bass and held up ----guess I been lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whiplash
    I have a 12' UL that has landed dozens of big specks here in florida.----never do pick them up with pole,use net but it has wore out many a big bass and held up ----guess I been lucky
    I've got a problem with paranoia...lol.Read the signature below. I've caught a few bigguns on that pole and it would probably do just fine.But fishing is one of the most supersticious past times there is , and I have several lucky poles that I love.This particular pole fell from that company when it snapped.With the crowd I fish around , if you fail to net a netter you are bound for countless days of ridicule and loads of "constructive" criticism.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast