Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wally Marshall Tightline vs B&M Pro Staff Troller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally Marshall Tightline vs B&M Pro Staff Troller

Ran across a post that said the WM Tightline and B&M Pro Staff Trollers seem to be the same rod... only differences were color and graphics. Can anyone comment on this? If they are not the same rod, I'd like to know the differences and your opinions. Thinking about getting 4 for spider rigging.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a great board or what? I got a p.m from Wally Marshall himself letting me know that the rods are made in different factories. Now, if there's anyone out there who's used both of them?... Might have to drive to Caruthersville to try both for myself (Grizzly Jig carries both).
    Thanks again Mr. Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tightline Special is a far better rod. It is a beast! Plenty of tip action and amazing strength. If you will count the guides you will realize they are not the same rods. Best spiderrigging and longlining rods ever made. I have wasted alot of money on others!

Post Thanks / Like

B'n'M Trolling Rods are the best. I wouldn't trade these for anything! Try these, you won't be sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

The BnM Pro Staff Trolling Rod is one heck of a rod. I would recommend it to anyone. I have had it pretzled down under the boat many many a time where any other rod would have snapped like a toothpick but it held up. That elusive 3 pounder no problem with this rod. Plenty of tip action and a long butt to fit the rod holder. You can get replaceable tips from BnM if you so happen to break one. As for Wally Marshall tightline rod it looks quality as well. Needs a replaceable tip for them though. Heard alot of good things about them. If I was in the market for these I would wait for Bass Pro to run a sale on them, then buy what I wanted. The BnM Pro Staff Trolling Rod has proven itself to me. Well satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like

How long a rod are you looking at....If it's a 16 footer then I would go with the BnM...the 16 foot tightlines are too stiff for spider rigging...I love the action of the 18 footers but they are still a little high for my taste...I love my Wally's but when I started playing with pushing jigs I bought BnM's....I did have one break for what I considered no reason and I contacted them and they got me a new tip for it...very courteous and helpful....

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits
    The Tightline Special is a far better rod. It is a beast! Plenty of tip action and amazing strength. If you will count the guides you will realize they are not the same rods. Best spiderrigging and longlining rods ever made. I have wasted alot of money on others!
    One man's opinion...I have both and prefer the BnM poles....However, if you don't have time to go to the gym take the WMs fishing... You can get a work out & fish at the same time....As you said::BEAST:::

I do think the WM rods are well made...Mine are IM8 with plenty of eyes..Never figured out why they don't have replacement tips....

I'm not saying they are the same blank but the number of eyes has nothing to do with the blank...You can put as many or as few as you want on a blank...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

AUTiger... Thinking about 12' rods.
    To all who responded... This is just the kind of info. I was looking for. Weight, stiffness, tip availability, durability and general "feel" (even though they will be in holders most of the time).
    Hope I can make a "field trip" to Grizzly Jig's spring tackle show but It's a long drive from KC... We'll see.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Never figured out why they don't have replacement tips....
    Same here. This reason alone has kept me from buying anymore WM. I like the rod but if I can't order a replacement tip I'm not buying anymore. I'm pretty hard on my rods and have bought many replacement tips from BnM. Heck, I have two WM rods in my garage that I would buy replacement tips for if I could.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I was lucky enough to fish with both this fall, and decided on the BnM's for myself. Just put reels and line on 9 of them last night. I went with 14 fters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast